1748211 Members
4507 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Remote Support

Scott Caryer
Frequent Advisor

Remote Support

I am currently transitioning from our HP-SIM environment to a full scale OneVIew environment. My main concern here is with our incumbent IRS (Integrated Remote Support) system that does a great job of phoning-home to HPe and creating a case on the fly when ever we have a hard drive failure, or array cache batteries going down on any of our flavors of Gen5 to Gen 9 servers.

I have had two different array cache battery failures go down on two different servers at different time that were monitored in my OneView environment that never "phone-home" to HPe. The 3 x OneView appliance we have implemented are configured for Remote Support as well. I actually had to call the case in manually. Do I need to make a modification in my IRS system for OneView to "phone-home" correctly? Is there an additional step that I must implement?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated...

Scott

4 REPLIES 4
Tan_Foo_Siang
Advisor

OneView remote support function only works for Gen 8 servers and newer models. For Gen 7 servers and below, you need to use IRS instead.

You can find out more by referring to the OneView user guides.

vky9007
Frequent Visitor

Hello Scott,

Could you please provide more details with regards to this issue.

OneView Version : 

Affected Server Model :

Please send me a Private Message with  Your Contact Details.

One of our engineers will get in touch with you and assist you further.

Regards,

Venkatesh Kumar Yuvaraj
TSC | L2 тАУ Insight Remote Support, OneView Remote Support & RDA

vky9007
Frequent Visitor

Hello Scott,

I believe we would need to go through the logs and check the phone home settings in your OneView appliance.

Please do log a support case for us to understand what is the issue and provide steps to solve the issue.

Regards,

Venkatesh Kumar Yuvaraj

I am an HPE Employee

Scott Caryer
Frequent Advisor

Understood, however the two servers that reported arracy cache battery failures where Gen9 servers.