HPE OneView
1748180 Members
4205 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SCOM 2016 integration Error code 101 : PLease verify the ip address/DNS name or credentials

LGJax
Occasional Contributor

SCOM 2016 integration Error code 101 : PLease verify the ip address/DNS name or credentials

I have an existing SCOM 2012 environment that is working with oneview and I am in the proccess of doing a side by side installation.  I  am trying to configur the new managment pack in scom 2016 and I get the message unable to add appliance :  x.x.x.x 

Errocode : 101 Please verify the ip address/DNS Name or credentials. 

If I enter the appliance IP or hostname, it will prompt me to install a self signed certificate  with the appliance name in it. As soon as I hit install, I get the message above.  I am using local credentials and have tested it locally.  

11 REPLIES 11
Doug de Werd
HPE Pro

Re: SCOM 2016 integration Error code 101 : PLease verify the ip address/DNS name or credentials

Importing the certificate is an administrative task which requires administrative privileges. Please  login to the system as a domain administrator (<domain_name>\administrator ) and then try to add the OneView appliance in the Configuration Dashboard.

Thanks,
Doug

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
LGJax
Occasional Contributor

Hi Doug, I am a local admin on the SCOM server that I am working on. I need domain admin in order to import it into SCOM? 

MaxRud
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

i have the same issue, any new suggestions?
I tried to add via IP and DNS, with local Admin user and also Domain admin - still got error 101.
I also installed a new SSL certificate to eliminate the warnings for importing certificate but theres no appliance added :/

Kind regards

Max

KVanDyke
Established Member

I'm experiencing the same problem with SCOM 1801. Was anyone able to resolve this?

Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Hi.

We had the same error code except for the certificate that was already trusted. We resolved it by using a Active Directory account that is infrastructure admin in Oneview and we had to use the following format on the username while adding the oneview appliance in SCOM Oneview MP dashboard. Username@domain  For exampel Alansmith@contoso.com
Hope this helps
//Cederberg

MaxRud
Occasional Visitor

I'm sorry, that doesn't work here.

In Version 3 I got my appliance in SCOM, but now updatet to Version 4 still got Error 101, no matter what credentials etc i try. Also tried a second appliance - nothing.

Cederberg
Honored Contributor

And there are no special characters in the password? Don't know if that one is new in oneview 4 or not but worth checking.

from SCOM integration kit v4 user guide:
The HPE OneView password must not contain any of the following characters: less than (<), greater than
(>), semicolon (;), comma (,), double-quotation mark ("), apostrophe ('), ampersand (&), backslash (\),
slash (/), vertical bar (|), plus sign (+), colon (:), equal sign (=), and space.

MarekGr
Occasional Advisor

I have same trouble. We have oneview not integrated with AD. I try from scom add oneview with user from oneview. local\scommon, scommon, .\scommon . Every ending with 101 error .... scommon is infrastructure admin... any idea ?

JorgenDeGier

Got the same error. Fixed it by running the SCOM console as administrator ( Right click, run as administrator ) and use local\adminaccount as username.