108789 Solutions
New Discussion

SNMP - Traps/Alerts forwarding option

J_N_Rhodes
Valued Contributor

SNMP - Traps/Alerts forwarding option

Hi,

I'm using v1.2

I would like to forward ALL alerts triggered in OneView to an Enterprise Monitoring Tool.

Is there any option available to forward SNMP traps/alerts received in HP Oneview console?

Please help, if there is any doc./link available.

regards,

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: SNMP - Traps/Alerts forwarding option

SNMP forwarding of all generated events on the appliance is configured under Settings -> Edit Appliance -> Scroll to the bottom -> Click "Add Trap Destinations" button.

2015-06-25_13-50-35.png

You can read more about how to configure it in the Online Help: http://h17007.www1.hp.com/docs/enterprise/servers/oneview1.2/cic/en/content/s_settings-appliance-net-screen.html#s_settings-appliance-view-snmp

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

jp3
Occasional Contributor

Just to be clear - when you say all alerts forwarded : do you mean alerts generated in OV for issues with OV or do you mean all alerts sent to OV by the devices it manages and then forwarded onto an enterprise monitoring tool?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

OneView will generate a new trap for alerts that it recieves from resources it manages and monitors.  OneView currently does not offer a method to filter events or activity like HP SIM does.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

gusanchezf

Hi,

If the SNMP trap forwarding is set up. What would happen if any kind of error happens during the automatic backup operation? Would that be automatically forwarded to an Enterprise Monitoring Tool? 

Thanks