1753730 Members
4588 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

SNMPv3 OneView

ShiB
Visitor

SNMPv3 OneView

It appears as if OneView will add a SNMP Read Community sting in iLO when a server is added to its monitoring.  We have an inisative to cease using SNMP and user SNMPv3 whenever possible. 

• Is there an option in OneView to use only SNMPv3?
  • If OneView is setup with Server profiles, does it use SNMP or some secure method to make changes to the server?
  • Am I able to use HP SIM and HP OneView concurrently to monitor as we phase SIM out?

1 REPLY 1
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: SNMPv3 OneView

Is there an option in OneView to use only SNMPv3?

Not today.  We have SNMPv3 on our roadmap.  We cannot discuss roadmap (which requires NDA) in a pbulic forum.

If OneView is setup with Server profiles, does it use SNMP or some secure method to make changes to the server?

SNMP is only used for trap alerts to OneView when an event ocurrs on the local system.  HPE OneView uses other secure mechanisms to manage an HPE ProLiant or Synery server/compute node.

Am I able to use HP SIM and HP OneView concurrently to monitor as we phase SIM out?

Yes, you could.  Please know that there would be duplicate amount of alerts, and no method to clear at the same time in both OneView and SIM/Insight Control.  If either of the managers SNMP trap destination and community strings are removed, then you would lose access to event monitoring from the iLO.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo