1752571 Members
5175 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: SUT Update Process

Scott Caryer
Frequent Advisor

SUT Update Process

I have a 4.10.03 Oneview appliance that I am utilizing to perform a firmware bundle update on a Windows 2k12 blade (BL460 gen9) server. I am wanting to leverage the "Firmware and OS Drivers using the Smart Update Tools" option for this server. I have used the "Firmware only" option many times successfully and it works great. 

Once I update the server profile successfully, I get the standard yellow prompt in Oneview that indicates it is waiting for SUT. So I access the server console and run the SUT /stage account from an admin prompt. I actually installed the latest iSUT version on this server beforehand.

When I run the SUT /stage command, it performs the clear staging successfully. It then proceeds to start the Staging process and mounts the ISO. It then proceeds to Copy the SUM files to the local staging directory but errors out with a "Signature verification of SUM files failed; staging Failed" error message. The last message is "Staging failed; could not proceed to deploy". Attached is the error message.

I did some basic troubleshooting by rebooting the server and using the SUT /Deploy switch. I am getting the same error message. I then tried this on another Win2k12 server and go the same error message. I really want to leverate Oneview has the sole platform going forward to update our Windows drivers instead of each admin using the old SUM process. I have used this same firmware bundle on other servers before. I just can't recall which OS were successful with this process.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
Scott Caryer
Frequent Advisor

I have confirmed this identical firmware bundle works fine on a Windows 2016 server using the Firwmare and Drivers with SUT option. 

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

What version of SUT are you running?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Scott Caryer
Frequent Advisor

Hey Chris, The iSUT utility is version 2.3.6.0. 

Ralph1969
Advisor

Maybe it's your SPP, is it custom? if yes make sure you have all the need OS included.
Are they  2k12 R2 or non R2? Did you tried on a R2 or a 2k16?

Also one time I had issue with pathching, I remove the bundle, create another identical custom SPP and re add it in OneView

Also clearing all the temp file before the applying the firmware bundle to the profile help me a few times.

If non of the above works, search the log for clues line by line. %systemroot%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\sut\sutservice_##.log

Save the cheerleader save the world....