108789 Solutions
New Discussion

SUT Updating

Scott Caryer
Frequent Advisor

SUT Updating

Hello Forum,

Two SUT related issues...

I am seeing a continous " Security Validation Failed for component : cp04xxxx.exe" issued when running the SUT commands on my vanilla Win2k19 installs. I am running 3 seperate Oneview (OV) 5.60.00 appliances that have the same issue. I have installed SUT version 2.8.0 on my server OS. I am also installing the AMS version 2.4 as well. I am trying to apply the SPP  2021.04.HF-2021.04 that has a release date of 8/10/21. So all components are relatively current. When this message occurs, I can actually access the staging directory on my local user profile and run the EXEs that get downloaded there when this process tries to runs, but this is cumbersome process and not streamlined at all. 

Do I need to add a ew CA on the windows server? 

Additionally, sporadically, the SUT command works once I run "SUT -set mode=Autodeployreboot". The process starts fine. However, the process does not complete. I get various OV related error messages, that the process failed. Moreso, it may update several items, but the OV profile will still state "Inconsistent" becuase either 1 or 2 items did not get updated. So my question to the forum, is that just the "nature of the beast" with using SUT to apply the HPe OS drivers for servers?

Thanks in advance..

Scott 

1 REPLY 1
AmRa
HPE Pro

Re: SUT Updating

Hi Scott,

Please refer the below action with reference to SPP fails security validation on Windows server.

Action:
Update the Windows root certificates. Manually update the GlobalSign Root CA and AddTrust External Root CA certificates.

Also kindly refer HPE Smart Update Tools for Windows and Linux - iSUT Troubleshooting for more information

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00028342en_us&docLocale=en_US

If still issue persists, kindly share the error screenshots.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo