4101 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

SUT and multiple vCenters and 1 OneView

Blomjoh
Occasional Advisor

SUT and multiple vCenters and 1 OneView

Hi

Is it possible to have multiple vCenter and only 1 oneview server and SUT (multple SUT or not?)

Br

Blom

11 REPLIES 11
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: SUT and multiple vCenters and 1 OneView

You would need multiple HPSUTESXi instances to support the architecture you are proposing.  Each HPSUTESXi instance can only communicate with a single vCenter and single OneView instance.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Blomjoh
Occasional Advisor

It's still a bit unclear. Can I have multiple SUTESXI instances several vCenter servers and ONE OneView Instance only? Or do I need to split the enviroment into One to one mappings vCenter:OneView (thats my belife right now)

If thats true Could I use OneView for vCenter and still only have one OneView instance but several vCenters and still be able to stage my firmwares?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

The configuration of which vCenter and which OneView appliance is stored within the hpsutesxi appliance. There is nothing to configure within the OV4VC or HPE OneView appliances, other than to set your Server Profiles to one of the two Online with HPSUT options in the Baseline section.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Blomjoh
Occasional Advisor

Okej thanks. So to be clear can I  have this

Two vCenter servers

One OneView

Two HPSUTservers

and when I change the baslines to use  HPSUT  can automaticly or manualy? find out which SUT server to use? Or do I need to split the  OneView enviroment so I  will have two OneView appliances to make it work ?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

HPSUTESXI will periodically check the OneView appliance for Server Profile state change, which is the polling interval.  vCenter is then used to log into the target vSphere host and perform the updates remotely via the Management vmknic.  

Please see the attached image of the hpsutesxi architecture, which is in the HP SUT User Guide.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Blomjoh
Occasional Advisor

Well thats not an answer to my question...

I want to know if I need to split the enviroment to two OneView Appliance or not?

Blomjoh
Occasional Advisor

In case someone else has the same design the answer is yes it works..

SachinPargi
HPE Pro

You can create multiple SUT instances and configure each of them with different vCenter and OneView details. This way each SUT instance will get the unique node details and there is no overlap.

One SUT instance will support one vCenter and one One View only.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Glenn77
Occasional Contributor

Same question, one OneView, multiple blade centers, and multiple vcenters.  Do I understand correctly, I would use this:

OneView (one appliance see's all blade centers/servers, this includes three vcenters)

RedHat1 with SUTESXI, connected to OneView and Vcenter1

RedHat2 with SUTESXI, connected to OneView and Vcenter2

RedHat3 with SUTESXI, connected to OneView and Vcenter3

Correct or did I mis-understand?

Thanks