1753767 Members
5822 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: SUT firmware deployment AutoDeployReboot vs Autodeploy

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

SUT firmware deployment AutoDeployReboot vs Autodeploy

I am in the process of changing all of our vm host Gen10 server profiles from firmware only to Firmware and OS Drivers using Smart Update Tools.  iSUT mode is set to AutoDeployReboot.  This seems to be working well - new spp gets uploaded to OV, templates/profiles are edited to use this new spp, firmware gets staged to the host.  Next time the host is placed into maintenance mode, the updates are applied and the server reboots.  But from what I've read seems that most people use Autodeploy instead of AutoDeployReboot.  But I cannot find anything that explains how Autodeploy works.  Is the only difference that I have to manually reboot the hosts?  In other words, putting a host into maintenance mode will not automatically force a host reboot?   

1 REPLY 1
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: SUT firmware deployment AutoDeployReboot vs Autodeploy

The differences are documented in the SUT user guide. You are correct that the only difference is the automatic reboot when the SUT policy is AutoDeployReboot. AutoDeploy will install but not activate, which is a term we use to indicate a reboot.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo