New Discussion

SUT for ESXi 6.7 on ProLiant Gen10

SOLVED
Go to solution
cprinz
Occasional Contributor

SUT for ESXi 6.7 on ProLiant Gen10

Hello,

is SUT for ESXi 6.7 on ProLiant Gen10 needed and where to get it?

I was not able to find a download.

Regards,

cprinz

7 REPLIES 7
ronissac
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: SUT for ESXi 6.7 on ProLiant Gen10

Hi Cprinz, 

You may download the iSUT utility for esxi 6.7 from the 2018.11.0 Service pack for proliant .

The component name is cp035501.zip.

1. Extract the offline bundle from the iSUT component(cpxxxxxx.zip).

2. Copy the iSUT offline bundle (sut-esxi-bundle-.zip) to the VMware ESXi system.

3. Install the iSUT offline bundle on the VMware ESXi host—esxcli software vib install –d

4. Reboot the VMware ESXi host.

5. If there was no other OS installed (Windows or Linux) on the system before installing ESXi, proceed to step 6.

Alternatively, execute the sut -deregister command to clear the iLO settings used by the earlier iSUT installation.

6. Set the iSUT mode using the OnDemand command, sut –set mode=<OnDemand/AutoDeploy/ AutodeployReboot>

Ref: https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=a00059716en_us  , Page 11

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!

Regards

Ronny

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
cprinz
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ronny,

so SUT is useful on Gen10?

Is it also useful for Synergy? I think so but just to be sure :)

Regards,

cprinz

ronissac
Trusted Contributor

Yes it can be very useful to stage, install and Activate Driver and firmware updates across the hosts

Ronny

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
MCSAP
Frequent Advisor

Has anyone had luck updating firmware on a Gen10 using OneView and the embedded iSUT agent in ESXi 6.7?

Error I'm getting in OneView when changing the Server Profile FW baseline:

Issue 

Firmware update using Smart Update Tools is not currently supported for this server hardware, when the OS deployed is ESXi.

Resolution 

Retry the operation by selecting the "Firmware only" option in the server profile.

MCSAP
Frequent Advisor

Ronny,

Have you had success updating firmware with OneView for Gen10 ESXi 6.7 hosts?  If so, please share detail steps you followed along with configuration parameters of SUT, OneView Profile Settings, and any other items not clear from the HPE documenetation. :-)

GovindAvireddi
Collector

You can directly download from vibsdepot.hpe.com site. Latest SUT for ESXi at the time of this reply can be found at http://vibsdepot.hpe.com/hpe/IntegratedSmartUpdateTools/nov2018/esxi-670/sut-esxi6.7-bundle-2.3.6-21.zip

I am a HPE Employee
MCSAP
Frequent Advisor

Why hasn't HPE enabled this VIB to be installed via Update Manager and/or OneView?  With an enviornment with 200+ hosts it will be a real pain to touch each and every individual host multiple times!!!