New Discussion

Re: Security

SOLVED
Go to solution
Pavel_Majorov
Occasional Advisor

Security

Hello!

• I looked at a lot of documents but didn't find any information about blocking a user when incorrect password is entered. Is there such a possibility?
  • is it possible to increase audit storage from 150MB to 20GB? or is it possible to collect reports only through PowerShell?
  • Is it possible to interrupt another user's session? in what release are you planning to introduce time out?
3 REPLIES 3
BhaskarV
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Hi @Pavel_Majorov 

• I looked at a lot of documents but didn't find any information about blocking a user when incorrect password is entered. Is there such a possibility?

No - this functionality is not there for local users today, only for directory authenticated users. You will need to configure lockout on incorrect password in your Active Directory and the same policy will be honored by OneView.

• is it possible to increase audit storage from 150MB to 20GB? or is it possible to collect reports only through PowerShell?

The audit storage is currently fixed and cannot be increased. Starting OneView release 4.20, forwarding the audit logs from OneView to a remote syslog server is available. You will then be able to forward audit logs and cumulate them at the remote syslog server so the size limit should not be a problem.

• Is it possible to interrupt another user's session? in what release are you planning to introduce time out?

No this is not available today. Will pass on this information/ask to our product manager.

Regards,
Bhaskar

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Pavel_Majorov
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the detailed description.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

To answer your PowerShell question, yes.  Get-HPOVAuditLog and Get-HPOVAuditLogArchive Cmdlets are available.  The first one will get you individual audit log entries, including the ability to search.  The second Cmdlet will download the ZIP containing the CSV.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo