5269 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Self-signed certificate Error after Upgrade OneView 4.0

MarioE
Valued Contributor

Self-signed certificate Error after Upgrade OneView 4.0

Hello

I upgraded HPE OneView from Verion 3.10.07 to 4.00.05 today.
I had to reinstall the root CA Certificate and the WebServer Certificate.
Now I have one more mistake:

Self-signed certificate with alias name HP Infrastructure Management Certificate Authority-internal root Basic Constraint is not valid

Resolution Provide Certificate with Basic Constraint set to SubjectType = CA. Try again.

However, I do not have a self-signed certificate.
How can I clear the error?

The alert is locked.

29 REPLIES 29
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Is this an HPE Synergy system?  Have you updated the Frame Link Module firmware yet?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

In my case it is a OV VM with a C7000 behind it... So ny Synergy (yet)...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Thank you, Bart.  I'm looking into this.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi Chris, if you need more information or want access to my OV Instance, you know where to find me...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
MarioE
Valued Contributor

Hi Chris

I have an HPE OneView on a VM, only with HPE Proliant Server Monitored. No Synergy, no enclosure with blades available.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Following up on this discussion.  This appears to be an issue with the State Change Message Bus (SCMB) certificate when the appliance was upgraded from older versions to 4.00.  It will need to be recreated.  The easiest way is to use the PowerShell Cmdlets:

# Remove the SCMB certificate from the connected appliance
Remove-HPOVScmbCertificate

# Recreate and retrieve the certs
Get-HPOVScmbCertificate

Please let me know if that does resolve the message.

Also, anyone using HPE OneView Global Dashboard, you will likely need to refresh or reconnect the appliances after performing this operation.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

MarioE
Valued Contributor

Hi Chris

What is the syntax for these commands? I could not find anything helpful in the help.
Here is the output of the commands (without syntax):

PS > Remove-HPOVScmbCertificate
Remove-HPOVScmbCertificate : The SCMB certificate key pair has not bee generated on the appliance "<FQDN>".  Please use Get-HPOVScmbCertificates to generate a new certificate key pair.
At line:1 char:1
+ Remove-HPOVScmbCertificate
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (ScmbCertifcateKeyPait:String) [Remove-HPOVScmbCertificate], ResourceNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ResourceNotFound,Remove-HPOVScmbCertificate

and

PS > Get-HPOVScmbCertificates
Get-HPOVScmbCertificates : The requested resource '/rest/certificates/client/rabbitmq/keypair/default' could not be found. Please supply a valid and unique common name and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ Get-HPOVScmbCertificates
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (URI:String) [Get-HPOVScmbCertificates], ResourceNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ResourceNotFound,Get-HPOVScmbCertificates

ComputerUser

Did anyone solve this problem? I have the exact same issue after upgrading to version 4.0.  Here is my alert: "

Self-signed certificate with alias name HP Infrastructure Management Certificate Authority-internalroot Basic Constraint is not valid Security"

"Resolution Provide a certificate with Basic Constraint set to SubjectType=CA. Try again."

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

@MarioE, the appliance exception to the self-signed certificate is the State Change Message Bus (SCMB).  Are you using the HPE OneView for vCenter plugin?  If so, what version? 

As for the Cmdlets, it appears that someone may have created the SCMB using a different name, and that is why the Cmdlets are failing.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo