4847 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Server Profile Firmware scheduled activation time

HPE_Time
Occasional Contributor

Server Profile Firmware scheduled activation time

Hello HPE,

I scheduled a firmware upgrade on one of the servers through the server profile and scheduled the activation of the firmware at a later time. The SUT mode was set to AutoDeployReboot which was recommended to schedule firmware updates. However, the firmware upgrade started the minute I edited the server profile to schedule the firmware activation at a later time causing a disruption during business hours.

Does the AutoDeployReboot mode override scheduled firmware tasks? What SUT mode operation should be used to deploy/reboot the server for firmware updates? The OS is Windows Server 2016.

4 REPLIES 4
support_s
System Recommended

Query: Server Profile Firmware scheduled activation time

System recommended content:

1. Advisory: (Revision) HPE OneView - OneView Online Update Scheduler May Prevent the Server Profile Settings from Reapplying After Completing Activation

2. HPE OneView 6.5 User Guide for VMs | Server profile firmware settings

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

HPE_Time
Occasional Contributor

Re: Query: Server Profile Firmware scheduled activation time

I reviewed the first adivsory content. That scenario didn't seem to apply to our situation.

We scheduled firmware activation time to a later time. The deploy/reboot of the firmware happened right after we applied the server profile settings to activate the firmware at a later time, shouldn't the deploy/reboot of the firmware happen at the scheduled firmware activation time?

MV3
HPE Pro

Hi There,

Is SUT version 2.0.0.0 or later installed on all the servers? If SUT is downgraded to a version older than 2.0.0.0, scheduling is not supported.

Please find the correct procedure below.
Edit a server profile or Create a server profile.
Specify the version of the Service Pack .
Update or enter the Firmware settings.
Click At a scheduled date and time to schedule the firmware update. A calendar and a time widget displays.
Enter the date and time according to your local time zone.
The scheduled time for firmware updates must be in the future.

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
HPE_Time
Occasional Contributor

@MV3 

Hi MV3,

The SUT version is 2.9. We did follow the prodecured you listed, however the firmware updated the minute we saved the server profile instead of updating during the scheduled firmware update time. What should the SUT mode be set to for scheduled firmware updates? We had it set to AutoDeployReboot to schedule the firmware updates but that mode seem to have deployed/rebooted the server outside of the schedueld firmware update time.