5162 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Server profile waiting on AMS

BradV
Esteemed Contributor

Server profile waiting on AMS

I have a DL560 Gen10 with a server profile applied.  The OneView status shows: 

A new firmware baseline has been applied on this server.  OneView is waiting for detecting the operating system and the driver inventory details before proceeding with the firmware and driver update.
<b>Resolution</b>
Make sure the AMS is installed in the operating system and is in a running state.  Once the AMS has been started, OneView will collect the inventory and will start the firmware update.

AMS is installed an running on the server.  sut -status shows: 

User Action Needed.....: To perform the firmware updates import the server to OneView or use iLO Amplifier Pack.  If imported into OneView create a server profile with a firmware baseline and apply the profile to the server.

The server (actually have 3 in this situation) is added to OneView and does have a server profile applied with a firmware baseline.  What else might I be missing?

9 REPLIES 9
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

I would restart SUT, as it might not be reading the iLO correctly.  What version of OneView do you have installed?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

BradV
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chris,

I am running 4.20.01-0380241.  I restarted AMS and refreshed within OneView.  Running amsd-1.4.0.

Regards,

Brad

ronissac
Trusted Contributor

Hi BradV , 

Please log a support ticket with HPE oneview team, We may need to look at the Oneview logs and configuration

Regards 

Ronny 

I am an HPE employee

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
engandproj
Occasional Contributor

did anyone get to the bottom of this? as we have the same issue on a DL380 Gen10 running ESXi 6.5

we have restarted everything, reinstalled agents as well as removing and rediscovering the server.

we are even able to push firmware to the server from oneview but still have the message.

thanks 

BradV
Esteemed Contributor

No.  Have not figured it out yet.

pirx
Regular Advisor

I've same prolbem with a DL380Gen10 + OV 7.20. amsd is running, I've no idea what it's waiting on.

BradV
Esteemed Contributor

Honestly, we just gave up on sut.  Could never get it to work.  We just use OneView to apply firmware updates.  I even wrote a REST API script to perform the updates.  Works well, but takes time.

TKop
HPE Pro

If you look at the iLO UI, does the System Information - Health Summary show the Agentless Management Service with an OK status?  Under the iLO Firmware and OS Software view, does the Software tab show an inventory list of components?

I work for HPE
pirx
Regular Advisor

I noticed that its not showing AMS in ILO, so I reseted it. Now AMS is detected and OV doesn't show a lock anymore.