108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Set up DL380G9 + vmware VSAN

vitalik_www
Occasional Contributor

Set up DL380G9 + vmware VSAN

Hello,
HP oneview 1.20.03
There are 4 DL380G9 servers that use direct attached embedded disks. No any VC, enclosure, external separate Storage systems like 3par. As a storage system uses VmWare VSAN (DAS from the servers). I have added the servers in tab "servers hardware" and trying to create "server profile" without SAN, network configuration, but just with the server (shut down). It fails. Should I first create any network? without VC?
Could you, please, suggest the right full way or instruction to configure DL380G9 servers with vmware VSAN.
Thank you a lot
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Hello vitalik_www, and welcome to the HP OneView Community.

HP OneView does not provide any networking, connectivity, or storage management for DL servers at this time.  When creating a Server Profile for DL servers, you can set the BIOS and firmware baseline.  Can you please provide the exact error message you recieved when trying to apply a Server Profile to your DL380 Gen9 servers?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

vitalik_www
Occasional Contributor

Hi, Chris

Thank you for quick answer. Attached it is log-file. SPP is 2014.11. Ports 17990 and 17988 are opened.

Thanks,

Vitaliy

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Have you also opened the other required ports by HP OneView?  They are documented here: http://h17007.www1.hp.com/docs/enterprise/servers/oneview1.2/cic/en/content/s_security-open-ports-fusion.html

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo