HPE OneView
1752647 Members
5645 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Should Inserting A New Blade Server Be Automatically Discovered?

SOLVED
Go to solution
schwengels
Advisor

Should Inserting A New Blade Server Be Automatically Discovered?

Hello,

I have OneView 5.00.01 and I have added a new c7000 chassis in monitored mode. OA firmware is currently 4.60. The chassis did not have any blades installed at the time the chassis was discovered/added. When I insert a new server into the chassis, it is not discovered automatically. should this be discovered or do I have to manually refresh everytime a server is inserted? I am having a hard time finding how this works in the documentation.

Any help to better understand this process would be appreciated.

Thank you,

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Should Inserting A New Blade Server Be Automatically Discovered?

Yes, the Onboard Administrator is supposed to send an SNMP trap to the defined destination(s) of a "Device inserted" event.  This trap then triggers a refresh of the device bay.  So if that SNMP trap isn't being received, then do you have any firewalls between the OneView appliance and enclosure?  Is the enclosure management network on a different L3 subnet than the appliance?  Is the enclosure refresh always successful?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

schwengels
Advisor

Hi Chris,

There is a firewall between the networks and checking with our FW guys, SNMP trap is being blocked.

Thanks for providing the information on how the refresh works!

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

In the future, please refer to this diagram in our HPE OneView 5.0 Online Help showing the required ports for OneView to operate correctly.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo