HPE OneView
1753719 Members
4946 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Status does not changing from Activating...

Scott Caryer
Frequent Advisor

Status does not changing from Activating...

I have a DL380 Proliant Gen 9 Server that is not changing to the Activated state after several reboots even after waiting a week between reboots. It is simply showing a status of "Activating", which leaves the profile in a yellow state. The OS is Windows 2k12 and I am using SUT tools (2.9) to check the status. 

I am running Oneview 6.4.00. I am using a firmware baseline of "Gen9 Service Pack for ProLiant, 2021.10.0". What is ironic is when I select the Edit button on the Firmware section on the Profile, typically it shows all the firmware and drivers versions and dates. When I select EDIT on this profile, it has no section showing for the Firmware and drivers. Very odd! 

Any advise or suggestions?

Thanks Scott

3 REPLIES 3
AmRa
HPE Pro

Re: Status does not changing from Activating...

Have you checked by changing the SUT mode to AutoDeploy/AutoDeployReboot.

If no, below is the command to change SUT operational mode to "AutoDeploy", by default SUT mode is OnDemand.

sut тАУset mode=AutoDeploy

Please refer Integrated Smart Update Tools 2.7.0.0 User Guide for more information.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00106055en_us

With reference to firmware compliance, For each firmware baseline added to the appliance, HPE OneView produces a firmware compliance report. This report lists the devices managed by HPE OneView, and that are not in compliance with that particular firmware bundle. It does not list the devices that are in compliance with the firmware bundle.

The report lists the current version of the devices, and the version in the firmware bundle. The information shown corresponds only to that particular firmware bundle, and is not related to the device compliance with the server profile that might be applied.

NOTE:
The compliance reports are available for shared infrastructure, and Gen9 and newer generation servers.

Please refer HPE OneView 6.4 User Guide for VMs to View firmware compliance.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=sd00001152en_us&page=s_fw-compliance-view.html

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
Mark-S
HPE Pro

Did the firmware already activate in the O/S? 

If yes, Meaning this is only what is reported by OV that shows it is currently "Activating".

Seems like OV task did not get updated info and still is reporting stale informatiob back to user.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Scott Caryer
Frequent Advisor

@Mark-S 

OV still indicates "Activating". When I run SUT /Status on the Win2k12 OS, it still indicates it needs a reboot to Activate. A reboot has been done many times already.