108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Strange error after oneview upgrade to 5.40.00-0423953

SOLVED
Go to solution
mikael sehstedt
Occasional Contributor

Strange error after oneview upgrade to 5.40.00-0423953

Hello, we are having a strange error message after oneview upgrade to  5.40.00-0423953.

we use micrososoft system center operations manager, and a veeam management pack for vmware to monitor our enviroment. This error occured after the upgrade and i cant delete it.

The virtual machine xxx-oneview.xxx.xxx has a disk space issue. One or more disk partitions has breached the threshold for free MB remaining.

The disk partitions breaching threshold are:
Drive Name - Free space MB
/ci/firmware - 26.11MB
/media/floppysig - 1.88MB

Please help

Regards 

/ Micke

11 REPLIES 11
mikael sehstedt
Occasional Contributor

It seems that the "console" is broken to.  From my vmware console!!

oneview_console.jpg

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Please open a support case.  There isn't much here that can assist with an internal appliance issue that could require console root access to fix.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

AmRa
HPE Pro

Hi

Please confirm if you have configured the hypervisor host with the following minimum resource requirements for the HPE OneView virtual appliance. 

• Minimum 8 2-GHz or greater virtual CPUs
• Exactly 24 GB of memory
• 275 GB of thick-provisioned disk space

If yes, I would request you to log support ticket with HPE support team to free OneView VM disk space from OneView maintenanece console.

To get into OneView maintenanece console, the authorized support representative verifies the information and then sends a message to the authorized email address. This message contains the authorization code to login to OneView maintenanece console

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Good point about the virtual disk file size.  Simply adjusting the size of the VMDK/VHDX to the specific file size, you need to reboot the appliance in order for it to adjust the size of the internal partitions.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

@mikael sehstedt if you do open a support case, please private message me the case ID.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Gerrit van den Heuvel
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Same here. I've updated 5.00.01-0410269 to versin 5.30.00. No errors. Then updated to version 5.40.00. Same error here in VMware console. Oneview seems to work fine.

8 CPUs

24 GB RAM

275 GB diskspace

I'll log a case

mikael sehstedt
Occasional Contributor

Yes, verified. But we belive that the vm appliance is oversized, and have been running it on a smaller config. 

4 cpu, and 24 GB of ram, it runs smoother on our vmware setup this way. 

i changed the config to recomended size with no result.  

regards 

/Micke

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Folks, please continue to work through your suport case.  Our R&D team is aware of the support cases you have sent me.  Continueing this discussion in the forums here isn't the right engagement for support.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Gerrit van den Heuvel
Occasional Advisor
Solution

A CTRL-F5 in the vSphere console did the trick. Message is gone. Case solved.