HPE OneView
1753424 Members
5005 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Query: Unable to add OneView Appliance to Global Dashboard Because of Certificate form

LGC-One
Occasional Contributor

Unable to add OneView Appliance to Global Dashboard Because of Certificate format

Hello,
I am unable to add my OneView (OV) appliance (ver 6.6) to my Global Dashboard (GD ver2.5.) due to certificate formatting.
My OV appliance has a CA signed appliance certificate. CSR was generated from the OV appliance. The private key lives on the OV appliance. When trying to import the client certificate of the OV appliance into my GD it is requesting the cert to be in a pkcs12 format with passphrase.
How do I go about doing this with no access to the private key which lives on the OV appliance? Any assistance is appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
support_s
System Recommended

Query: Unable to add OneView Appliance to Global Dashboard Because of Certificate format

System recommended content:

1. HPE OneView Global Dashboard 2.5 User Guide | Troubleshooting HPE OneView Global Dashboard

2. HPE OneView Global Dashboard 2.30 Release Notes

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

LGC-One
Occasional Contributor

Re: Query: Unable to add OneView Appliance to Global Dashboard Because of Certificate form

Thank you for providing those respective guides. Referenced the troubleshooting section of both guides provided. Verified we have all the necessary configurations but still unable to add an OV appliance into GD via the two factor method. Any further guidance is appreciated. 

MV3
HPE Pro

Hi There,

We will not be able to add the OneView with no access to private key.

Please log a case with HPE support further review of the issue.

Cheers

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Unable to add OneView Appliance to Global Dashboard Because of Certificate format

Can you share a screenshot of the message?  OVGD does not require the private key of the OneView appliance.  Since you are using a CA signed certificate for your OneView appliance, have you added the issuing CA public certs to the OVGD appliance?  You need to do that step as to avoid needing to explicitly trust the CA signed cert.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

LGC-One
Occasional Contributor

Re: Unable to add OneView Appliance to Global Dashboard Because of Certificate format

ovgd cert err.jpg
We have tried rebooting and trying again. I have an existing support case that was opened a few months back with very little communication or assistance. Multiple support bundles have already been uploaded with no help. I can PM that case # if needed. 
Issuing CA public certs have been added to OVGD. Current OV appliance cert is in pem format. 
Since you have stated that OVGD does not require the private key of the OneView appliance; Can you provide the proper syntax for openssl to generate a pkcs12 certificate with no private key? Thanks.