1752321 Members
5495 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Unable to add server hardware error

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

Unable to add server hardware error

I am trying to add a DL380-Gen8 runnin ESXi 6.0 to oneview (4.10) and keep getting error "Unable to add server hardware: x.x.x.x Unable to discover server hardware".  I can successfully log into the ILO and verify that everything is configured correctly.  The Agentless management service is showing as not available so I suspect that might be the issue. How can I determine if the AMS is installed or not?  I have not tried rebooting the server yet as t has to be done after hours. 

Also verified that there are no dns or firwall issues.  ILO is at fw 2.55. 

6 REPLIES 6
Tan_Foo_Siang
Advisor

Re: Unable to add server hardware error

Check whether the iLO has the necessary information such as Product Name / Serial Number / Product ID

Was there a system board change prior to this issue?

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

Yes, all of the system info is displaying correctly.  This is the origina mb.

Tan_Foo_Siang
Advisor

I just noticed that OneView 4.10 no longer support Gen 8 servers in "Managed" mode, "Monitored" mode should still work fine.

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

can you provide me with a link where it states that?  I did not see it in the release notes.  I've since add a few different Gen8's to Oneview as managed without issue.

Tan_Foo_Siang
Advisor

http://h17007.www1.hpe.com/us/en/enterprise/integrated-systems/info-library/index.aspx#.W5nQtbpuJ_x

Look for the document under "HPE OneView 4.1 Support Matrix"

I also had similar problems previously adding Proliant ML110s to OneView 4.00.07, although it was stated that in the support matrix that it can be added as "Monitored".

Once I upgraded to OneView 4.10, i am able to add the Proliant ML110s without any more problems.

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

Found it.  Guess I should have been more specific - I have DL380p's which are supported as managed devices.  sorry for the confusion.