New Discussion юеВ

Unable to add vCenter to OneView for VMware vCenter 8.0.1 / Certificate Error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ptyool
Occasional Advisor

Unable to add vCenter to OneView for VMware vCenter 8.0.1 / Certificate Error

Hi,

I've deployed a new OneView for VMware vCenter appliance, and i'm not able to add my vCenter to it.

I got a certificate error (screenshot attached).

Maybe I have missed something in the user guide ?

Regards,

Julien.

6 REPLIES 6
Edward L. Haletky
Valued Contributor

Re: Unable to add vCenter to OneView for VMware vCenter 8.0.1 / Certificate Error

Hello,

What type of vCenter (Windows/VCSA)? What version? I think you may have to reissue your certificate. 

Edward L. Haletky

Ptyool
Occasional Advisor

Re: Unable to add vCenter to OneView for VMware vCenter 8.0.1 / Certificate Error

Hi Edward,

Our vCenter is VCSA 6.0u2.

For information when I try to add a vCenter, if I put something that does not exist (fqdn, ip) in the name field I got the same error.

When you said to reissue our certificate, you mean on the vCenter side or on OneView for VMware vCenter side ? If it's on OV4VC, how can I do that ?

Thanks,

Julien.

Ptyool
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

I've bee able to add the vCenter to OV4VC, after a redeployment of the OV4VC appliance.

I'm not sure, it needs to be test again, but It seems it is very important to use fqdn to access the OV4VC Administrator Console, at least the first time for the setup part, as it is indicate in the user guide. ;-)

If you connect to the Administrator Console with ip or short name and setup the appliance, you will not be able to add vCenter (Certificate Error) even if you reconnect to it with fqdn. Maybe there is a command line to reset the appliance, but I'm not aware of it, so I've redeployed it.

Regards,

Julien.

Edward L. Haletky
Valued Contributor

Hello,

That is correct. The machine name you use must match the CN of the certificate used by vCenter.  When you put in the ip, shortname, etc. Look at the certificate that shows up. If it does not match the CN it will give an error.

Best regards,

Edward L. Haletky

Ptyool
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Hi,

If it can help someone, I've done some complementary test, and the error occurs only if I set a non-fqdn Hostname at the OVF deployment (screenshot attached).

Julien.

Barthelmy
Visitor

I don't know if this of any help, but I also had the same error. I managed to resolve it by rebooting the HP OneView VMWare add-in appliance.