HPE OneView
1753596 Members
6321 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion

Unable to configure SNMP settings on the server iLO (iLO 2)

Tropisk
Occasional Advisor

Unable to configure SNMP settings on the server iLO (iLO 2)

We have many many servers with critical status because of this error:

Unable to configure SNMP settings on the server iLO, which are required by the appliance for server management.
Resolution: Ensure network connectivity to the iLO is available and then refresh the server hardware.

I cant figure out how to clear the alert, and meanwhile the server have a critical status on all reports.
The error is locked. I have tried removing the enclosure and readding it, but after a while the problem comes back.

The SNMP settings on iLO looks ok. The correct IP adress to OneView is listed as SNMP Alert destination.
We have still ~150 ProLiant G6 servers in production and 107 of them is now critical with this alert.

iLO: iLO 2, 2.33 03/20/2018
OneView: 5.00.00-0400525
Server Type: ProLiant BL460c G6

1 REPLY 1
Bunsol
HPE Pro

Re: Unable to configure SNMP settings on the server iLO (iLO 2)

Hi Tropisk,

Please find below the steps to clear the locked alert. Once the locked alerts are cleared the critical alerts will clear from all the affected hosts.

Please find the steps to clear OneView “locked” alerts through PowerShell.

1. Download and install HPE.OneView.XX.PowerShell.Library.exe from below link. (where XX is OneView Version)

https://github.com/HewlettPackard/POSH-HPOneView/releases

2. Open PowerShell prompt and Check first what the execution policy is in this environment. If it is Restricted, set it to Unrestricted. Type:

Get-ExecutionPolicy

and press Enter. If it is Unrestricted, skip to the next step. If it is Restricted, type:

Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Confirm with Y <Enter> and verify if it is Unrestricted now by typing again:

Get-ExecutionPolicy

3. Establish a connection with the appliance by executing below command:

Connect-HPOVMgmt -appliance <IP Address>

where <IP Address> is the IP address of your appliance on the network, and option -appliance is default for the first parameter (might be omitted).

You are asked to enter User (Administrator), Password (password), and optionally Authentication Domain (not used here). After a few seconds, a session is established and prompt changed to show the user and managed server.

4. run below command view/verify the “locked” alerts.

Get-HPOVAlert -State Locked

5. Verify the Locked alerts and later run below command to clear “Locked” alerts.

Get-HPOVAlert -State locked | Remove-HPOVAlert -force

Regards,

Bunsol

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!
I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo