HPE OneView
1752810 Members
5917 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Unable to establish trusted communication with server. Could not find a valid iLO certificate ...

Ruster007
Advisor

Unable to establish trusted communication with server. Could not find a valid iLO certificate ...

Hi Guys - newbie here ... go easy

I've been upgrading HPE OneView vmware appliance from version 3.10.04-0299553. I've got it up to 5.20.01-0420365 - I believe I had to apply 4 different bins to get it up to this version.

However, on a few servers I've recieved the following alert:

Unable to establish trusted communication with server. Could not find a valid iLO certificate for the server in the OneView trust store.

Resolution: Update the OneView trust store with a valid server iLO certificate using the link below. Refresh the server and retry the operation.

Event details

1. alertTypeID 

server-hardware.certificate.psrm.trustFailure

2. certificateMismatch 

true

3. clearPriorEvents 

true

4. correctiveAction 

Update the OneView trust store with a valid server iLO certificate using the link below. Refresh the server and retry the operation.

5. locked 

true

6. resourceUri 

/rest/server-hardware/32353537-3835-4753-4836-323359335250

The alert mentions clicking a link - however there is no link.

Can anyone provide a step by step on how to adress this issue please?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
AmRa
HPE Pro

Re: Unable to establish trusted communication with server. Could not find a valid iLO certificate ..

Follow the customer advisory and regenerate the self-signed certificate using this REST command and import certificate to OneView trust store.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-a00042194en_us

To  import certificate to OneView trust store. follow the below path.

Settings > Manage Certificates

Or

1. Rest the ILO to factory
  2. efuse the sever

Or

1- Unassign server profile

2-Make sure server having vaild serial number and part number

3- Make sure we have a valid UUID

4 - efuse the server

5- Add the cert

6- Assign the profile

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
Ruster007
Advisor

Re: Unable to establish trusted communication with server. Could not find a valid iLO certificate ..

Thanks for your reply AmRa.

I appreciate you have a couple of suggestions there - however, I don't think I can confidently do what I need to do with the info you have provided. 

Rather than a "high-level" overview,  are you able to provide me with steps to acheive this please? 

Thanks

AmRa
HPE Pro

Sorry for delay in response.

If you are not confidently to perform the suggested action. I would suggest to please raise HPE support ticket with HPE support team, So that we can arrange remote session and perform the suggested action.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo