4510 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Unable to refresh blade server hardware

atlantis0701
Occasional Visitor

Unable to refresh blade server hardware

Hi,

We met an issue that blade server hardware cannot be refreshed after replace failed memory. And the Server hardware type cannot be displayed properly so we cannot reapply existing server profile or create new profile.

The OneView version is 2.0, have anyone met this issue? We have opened case but there is little support in our country and it need time to esclate to high support level so i post here hoping to get some quick feedback, thanks so much in advance.

issue-1.png

7 REPLIES 7
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Unable to refresh blade server hardware

When the system board was replaced, did the original Product Number and Serial Number get set properly on the new system board?  If not, then you will run into this issue.  Log into the OA, and see if the servers Serial Number or UUID values are invalid, or all zeros.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

atlantis0701
Occasional Visitor

Hi Chris,

We didn't change the main board of server, we just replaced a memory stick, and UUID/Serial number information is still correct.

Leo

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

I would suggest you open a support case if you have not already.  I have not seen this particular issue when replcaing a memory module during a service event.  I have when the system board is replaced and the onsite tech didn't update the new system board with the original Serial Number, or it contains an invalid Part Number.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

atlantis0701
Occasional Visitor

Chris,

The Case ID is 4764730919, i have provided sufficent information including Our Oneview dump

Appreciate if you could help check.

Leo

MJakob
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

unfortunately we have the same issue.  OneView 2.0; Enclosure c7000; affected Blades Gen8 & Gen9
In an enclosure we changed 2 interconnects and after a refresh the server hardware type is missing on all server. In another enclosure we extended the memory of some blades and same issue.. SHT is missing.. (unable to refresh hardware..)

Firmware updates, resetting blades, enclosure factory reset, cleared NVRAM etc. everything we tried was unsuccessful.

But one interessting fact, if I put one of the blades without SHT to an enclosure managed by another OV2 appliance, it will recognize the SHT immediately... If I put it back, SHT is still missing... so I guess there is a faulty configuration wihtin OV2

Finally created support dumps and  opened a case.. now waiting for solution.

Regards,
Michael

Hendricus
Occasional Advisor

Did you try to remove the server profile from the blade, then try to add the blade again.
You can do a reset using SSH to the Onboard Administrator, or remove the blade first and then add the blade again.

After the blade is succesfully added, you can apply the server profile again to apply specific settings.

MeFromil
Frequent Advisor

HI

i had somthing like that  

just for the test ...  did you try to insert other server to bay to see if  you have the same problem ? 

try to update the Ilo to FW 2.4   remove the server from the Enc  after the  new FW apply

refresh the enc  when the server it out  from the Enc 

replace the server to Enc wait for  the Enc done scan  and see server ( not from one view ) after it done 

refresh the Enc .

if its not working ... replace the board