New Discussion

Re: Updates using HP SUT

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mark Ludgate
Occasional Advisor

Updates using HP SUT

Hi All,

I am having an issue with using HP OneView v2.0 and applying an SPP update to a server.

Hello I have configured HP OneView and have one full managed server (DL360Gen9).

I am trying to use HP SUT v1.0.0 with OneView to send out udates. (Full SPP)

In OneView I am seeing:

Pic1.PNG

On the client I am seeing

pic2.PNG

Anybody any idea what I am missing?

Regards

Mark

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Can you tell me if this Windows host was recently scanned by HPSUM, either remote or locally?  If so, please make sure that all hpsum processes are stopped, and then restart the HPSUT service.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Mark Ludgate
Occasional Advisor

Hello

Thank you for your reply. HP SUT does not appear in the services console I did install HP SUT.

See attached from HP SUT command line when I stopped and started it from there.

Also added - iLO details.

Regards

Mark

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

The only case I have seen HPSUT behave like this is when a server was recently scanned by HPSUM, and the HPSUM service remains on the system.  Go to Task Manager and make sure there isn't any HPSUM process running.  If you can, reboot the host to make sure.  Then, re-install HPSUT.

As for the iLO, it has no implication with this issue IMO.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Mark Ludgate
Occasional Advisor

It look like HP SUT did not install properly initially. (and reinstalls without removing and without rebooting did not fix it).

When I removed HP SUT, reboot server and re-install HP SUT and restarted the server again HP SUT started working.

Should we be able to install HP SUT without a server reboot? Installing HP SUT does not ask for a reboot, the reboot after installing seems to be a key!

Is there an update due to HP SUT?

Thanks for all your help

Regards

Mark

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

The only version available is 1.0.0 for Windows.  Not sure why it didn't install correctly the first time.  A reboot after installation is not necessary.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

AmitG0223
Advisor

I am seeing the same issue. I checked the processes in the server and did not see HPSUM running at all. Orinally, HPSUT failed at one of the components, so I fixed SPP and updated the profile to use new profile and confirmed that HPSUT is now pending, I waited a few days but it still did not show any progress.

As per your recommendation I confirmed HPSUM was not running and that HPSUT service was running. Once I stopped and started the service, HPSUT started staging.