HPE OneView
1748170 Members
3979 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Updating Logical Interconnect(LI) From Logical Interconnect Group(LIG) Cause Outage ??

SOLVED
Go to solution
ivansetiawan
Occasional Contributor

Updating Logical Interconnect(LI) From Logical Interconnect Group(LIG) Cause Outage ??

Hi All,

In my production environment I want to add 2 new networks(VLAN Id) to my Network Set that used in LIG configuration. So, I add the 2 new networks to the Network Set, then my question will the network list in uplink set in LIG configuration automatically updated and so on LI ? and will that process cause network distruptive?

Please Kindly answer my question....

Regards,

Ivan.S

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Updating Logical Interconnect(LI) From Logical Interconnect Group(LIG) Cause Outage ??

In order to help answer your question better, what version of HPE OneView are you using?  The operation is not supposed to cause an outage, if the only change is adding Ethernet Networks to existing uplink set(s).  But there are specific, known older releases that can inadvertently cause an outage, even if a prior Update from Group operation was performed previously (mainly when a network was renamed.)

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

ivansetiawan
Occasional Contributor

Re: Updating Logical Interconnect(LI) From Logical Interconnect Group(LIG) Cause Outage ??

Hi Chris,

Im using OneView Version 5.3,

Thanks for your info and answer

Regards,

Ivan.S

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

The you shouldn't experience an outage. Of course, I would do this during non-peak hours just to ensure there aren't any other changes. You also should update to 5.40 or newer to get specific information on what is going to change.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,
I would suggest ,always adding network should be planned window it may not impact and but we don't no that configuration.
yes you need add new network in in LI
I would suggest you have a proper case be logged with HPE, and share the appropriate logs before do such activity.

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo