HPE OneView
1752790 Members
6241 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Upgrade OneView 2.0 to 3.0 does not show additional disk space for Firmware bundles

AmitG0223
Advisor

Upgrade OneView 2.0 to 3.0 does not show additional disk space for Firmware bundles

I have increased the disk size of OneView to 225GB and then upgraded OneView 2.0 to 3.0 and the Firmware bundle screen does not show increased capacity. Does it only work if we set it to 275GB? In the documentation it seems we can set it any size between 160GB (12GB Firmware capacity) to 275 (100GB Firmware capacity)

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Upgrade OneView 2.0 to 3.0 does not show additional disk space for Firmware bundles

You need to set the virtual disk file to 275GB in order to gain the 100GB Baseline storage allocation.  You cannot choose a value lower than 275GB, unless it is the default value when deploying a new VM.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

martin2176
Advisor

steps I followed

I resized the appliance vmware virtual disk to 275GB before upgade. After 3.0 upgrade the baseline did not pick up the new size.

I followed these steps and I was successfull

1) shutdown the appliance.

2) In VMware and reset the size to 275GB again. increased the size from 275GB to 276GB and back again to 275GB.

3)powered on the appliance

4)Appliance now shows the 100GB baseline size

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

When you upgraded your appliance, did it reboot?  If not, then the process to expand the internal baseline only happens upon boot of the appliance.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

martin2176
Advisor

Chris

It did not reboot which might explain why .

The upgrade instructions in the installation document does not really say a reboot is required for the appliance to reflect the new size. I think it would be useful if the instructions explicitly mentioned it.