1752661 Members
5957 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Upgrade to 3.10 failed

vrivoire
Occasional Collector

HPE L2 support just fixed the issue on my homologation appliance (SH script to fix the huge session count in the PostgreSQL DB).

The thing is I have 8 appliances to upgrade. Allready checked 4 of them and they have the issue :-(

Hope the fix release will be fast.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

We are working towards a hotfix, as I mentioned, that would eleviate the need to work with L2 support in order to remediate this issue.  As I also stated, I will update this thread, or even create a new sticky thread with the details of the hotfix and accompanying CA.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Vladislav1
Advisor

The removal of old hung sessions helped (now there are more than 20000+ on each applainces), plus it was necessary to delete the signed certificate and create a self-signed certificate. Only after this update was successful.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

I'm glad you were able to get your upgrade issue resolved.  As I stated above, I will be posting a sticky thread in the forums with the link to the CA once it has finished publishing.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Johan_Stridh
Occasional Visitor

Having same problem with upgrading to 3.10

Johan_Stridh_SWE
Vladislav1
Advisor

Successfully updated 8 of 9 applications (on the ninth another, a new bug :-)).
The path is as follows:
1. delete suspended sessions together with L2 or independently script (bin file).
2. create a self-signed certificate, if the installed signed by the certifying center.
3. Turn off remote support.
4. Start the update procedure.
5. After a successful update, enable remote support.
6. Import a normal signed certificate

DaveCook_ITP
Occasional Collector

Could you elaborate on how to perform Step 1 and Step 2? 

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

You will need to open a support case with HPE Global Support, and reference the Customer Advisory I have pinned to this forum.  That will help you with #1.

As for the certificate, go to Settings -> Security -> Create Self-signed Certificate from the Actions menu.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo