108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Upgraded to OneView 3.1 with Remote support, shows all warranty as expired

SOLVED
Go to solution
cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

Upgraded to OneView 3.1 with Remote support, shows all warranty as expired

I've just upgraded to OneView 3.1 (today) and now enabled the remote support through oneview. I was previously doing this through insight remote support. 

When i select a server and look at remote support, the very first line says expired. and for most of them shows expiration of 10 July, and i can't believe everything expired about a week ago.

I've attached an example from OneView what I am seeing

Am I missing something?

7 REPLIES 7
cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

I've attached the screen shots

new exmaple.jpg shows a server which says remote support "expired" but further down it says teh expiration is 24SEP2020?

and to clarify when i check the HPe Warranty site, i can see it still has valid warranty - as shown in new example 2

Is it because they were already registered on IRS?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Please open a support case for this issue.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

i logged a call last week, and were still no closer to fixing this.

They've disabled and enabled IRD back on, but i still have the same issue

Any ideas?

Tan_Foo_Siang
Advisor

It also creates another problem whereby auto hardware case logging will not work anymore due to the warranty being on expired.

No way for us to rollback the appliance back to the previous version.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Please email me your support case numbers, and I will look into this.  My email is chris.lynch@hpe.com.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

cesarpegado
Valued Contributor
Solution

HP support called me back up,. and they confirmed after i sent the support dump that when they looked at the logs they could see the error wasn't with one view. They looked further and found a fault with the back end, so they got me to select update warranty info, and then a refresh on the server, and when i did that it worked correctly.

As i have over 100 servers, i didn't want to do it on 1 at a time, so i disabled IRS and then renabled it and then this fixed my issue on all my warrnty in the applicance

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Thanks @cesarpegado for the update.  I have been involved behind the scene with our R&D TS folks, who too have confirmed with another customer that they have fixed the backend.  Yes, disabling and reenabling Remote Support is the quickest method.  I will be creating a sticky thread on this topic, once we have the Customer Advisory (we hope to have that published today) and various methods to resolve this unfortunate issue.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo