7242 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: VC Migration

micke_christen
Advisor

VC Migration

Hi!

I want to migrate six VC-C7000 chassi to OneView but they are managed by VCEM. I find it hard to understand if it is possible to to migrate one chassi at a time. Otherwise it will be very hard to get a planned downtime for theres entire DC.

Is it possible that some (HP) have written down the steps how to perform such a migration with a couple of chassi managed by VCEM.

Best Regards

/Mikael

Micke_Christenson
1 REPLY 1
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: VC Migration

@micke_christen wrote:

I want to migrate six VC-C7000 chassi to OneView but they are managed by VCEM. I find it hard to understand if it is possible to to migrate one chassi at a time. Otherwise it will be very hard to get a planned downtime for theres entire DC.

Yes, you can remove each enclosure individually from VCEM manually, which would not require any downtime to do.  It's only the migration from VCM to HP OneView would require downtime.

@micke_christen wrote:

Is it possible that some (HP) have written down the steps how to perform such a migration with a couple of chassi managed by VCEM.

This is documented in the HP OneView 1.20 User Guide on Page 179.  It's also documented in the Online Help system.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo