HPE OneView
1748335 Members
3552 Online
108762 Solutions
New Discussion

Would it be possible to add a new Security Mode?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Marcel_D
Advisor

Would it be possible to add a new Security Mode?

Hi,

we are of course forced to disable unsecure TLS-Versions and Ciphers in our Environment, which is Provided in the High Security Mode. The bad thing for an admin about this setting, is that it forces SUT to have the iLo-Credentials or  will not install Updates over OneView. Now every iLo has its unique User-PW and we are not allowed, to use the same PW for several iLos. With 3 Operating Systems running by three different Teams, it is not manageable to set the Password for a High number of Servers.

Is it possible for you guys to add a new Security Mode between "Production" und "High Security", which only leaves out the need to set the iLo-Creds for SUT?

I'm pretty sure, I am not the only one with this Dilemma.

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
AmRa
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Would it be possible to add a new Security Mode?

Hi

We will share your feedback with our backend team,

However, if you are looking to disable insecure TLS-Versions and Ciphers from OneView, please raise a support ticket with HPE support team.
HPE remote support executive will disable insecure TLS-Versions and Ciphers from OneView console mode.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
Marcel_D
Advisor

Hi, thanks for your response.

I am looking especially for a solution on the iLo Boards. 

Regards

AmRa
HPE Pro

Hi,

We have already shared your feedback with backend team.

If any new Security Mode get added, it willl get publsidhed inHPE security bulletin/customer advisory/notice/.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo