New Discussion юеВ

Re: c3000 support for OneView

SOLVED
Go to solution
mattstiltedview
Occasional Contributor

c3000 support for OneView

Hi,

We recently purchased a c3000 and HP OneView, only to discover that our chassis is not supported.

Are there plans to support the c3000 in a future release of HP OneView?

Thanks,
Matt

8 REPLIES 8
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello, and welcome to the HP OneView forums.  I wish I had better news, but the c3000 is not supported.  We do continuously look at customer feedback to help prioritize enhancements and new features.  However, I cannot comment on unreleased or unannounced versions in a public forum.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Steve-AU
Visitor

I know this is an old post but the c3000 is still a current model. Any word on adding support?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

At this time, we have no plans to offer support for the C3000 enclosure and HP OneView.  As I stated above, we do take all feedback to help prioritize features.  I would ask that you reach out to your HP Account Team and/or HP Partner to discuss this further.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Steve-AU
Visitor

Ok thanks Chris. I may mention it but I am guessing it is probably not really worth it at this point. We my just need to stick with HP SIM to monitor blades in this chassis.

Aurelien-BdB

Hello,

I undertstand the c3000 will not be supported by One View.

Ok, but, what can I use to monitor blade inside a c3000 ?

The blade are all ESXi 5.5 with D2200sb attached.

Thanks for your answer.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

At this time, we are instructing customers to continue to use SIM or Insight Control to monitor their C3000 enclosures and its components.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Edward L. Haletky
Valued Contributor

Hello,

As an aside, I have been using HPE OneView with a C3000 since OneView came out and it does work for monitoring at least. With the latest versions, the only part of HPE OneView that does not work as expected is capturing the enclosure itself. You can still monitor the blades and storage, but not 100% of the enclosure or interconnects. I see alerts on blades and other issues show up. The Enclosure refresh/add fails at the port-mapping stage, but everything else is pulled in and it works to that extent. THe blades themselves also contain port mapping.

As one tool to assist in monitoring I much prefer OneView over HP SIM even with this limitation. However, as I stated, you do not get 100% of the monitoring and I do not suggest you use it for management. But then in a smaller environment there are also other ways to perform management.

Just some thoughts on this issue.... It is definitely not supported but using it purely for monitoring blades may be useful to others.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

The HPE BladeSystem c3000 enclosure has not been supported in any capacity..  Unfortunately, we have no plans to add support for the c3000 enclosure, no matter if "it worked in a prior release".

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo