3747 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

configure VC with two uplinks having the same network

tvtue
Advisor

configure VC with two uplinks having the same network

Dear OneView Community,

is it possible to have two uplinks on the same VC module using the same network? If yes how? 

Background of the question: we have two iSCSI boxes which shall be connected to a c7000 enclosure. The blades in the enclosure and the two iSCSI boxes shall be in the same IP network. How can I accomplish this?

OneView 2.0 is in use with two FlexFabric-20/40 F8 modules (firmware version 4.45)

Thanks in advance and kind regards

Timo

3 REPLIES 3
tvtue
Advisor

Re: configure VC with two uplinks having the same network

Let me add that I of course already tried to configure a second uplink. When it comes to choosing the network for that uplink I had no options to choose from in my first try. I noticed that I have to add another network in "networks" first. I am going with untagged networks here. So I added another untagged one for using it with the second uplink. 

After I was done configuring the uplink I could not ping ip address of the storage connected to the uplink ports of the freshly created uplink. :( Shouldn't that all be in same default vlan if I used "untagged"?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

No, this is not a supported configuration.  An Ethernet Network can only be mapped to 1 Uplink Set per Interconnect Module.  Within that Uplink Set you can assign multiple Uplink Ports.  However, you stated that you'd like to directly attach 2 different iSCSI storage systems, which is not possible.  This violates the LAN Safe rules we have in place for Virtual Connect.  Uplink Ports must terminate to the same Physical or Logical Device (logical like HPE Networking IRF, CIsco vPC/VSS, etc.).  Virtual Connect uses the same algorithm we introduced in the now deprecated HP NIC Configuration Utility (NCU) to automatically form a NIC team by looking for LACP.  If LACP can't be used, then the ports will default to an Active/Standby status.

With what you are trying to do, will require an Ethernet switch between the VC Interconnects and your iSCSI storage Systems.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

tvtue
Advisor

Hi Chris,

thank you for your fast reply. Although it's a great pity ... at least I know now that it is not possible. 

Thanks again for your support!

Timo