4168 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: list of ports used by HP OneView

psonnelite
Occasional Visitor

list of ports used by HP OneView

Hi, 

I'm trying to implement HP OneView 1.10 for a customer, and i can't find the list of ports to open to use all the features of the product.

is there a flow matrix ?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Hello, and welcome to the HP OneView Community.

The HP OneView User Guide in the Enterprise Information Library contains the list of required ports.  For the 1.10 release, look at Page 57 of the HP OneView 1.10 User Guide.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Frank_K
Occasional Visitor

Hello,

The user guide indicates that port 22 is a required port, but the Help documentation I downloaded does not list 22 as being used. I am not currently seeing any services running on port 22.

Should port 22 be listening for connections?

My understanding is that remote administration of the appliance should take place over 443, and not at the OS level on 22 (via SSH). I read somewhere that support dumps may be off-loaded using SFTP. If that is the case, at what point did I configure an OS-level user account?

Thanks

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Hello @Frank_K, and welcome to the HP OneView Communities Forum.

The HP OneView appliance does not listen on 22/TCP (SSH), but rather can communiate with managed resources via SSH. For instance, the HPN 5900CP is a supported SAN Manager, and HP OneView requires SSH to manage the switch for FC zoning and aliasing.

Appliance Support Dumps are created on the appliance, and then transferred to the client via HTTPS, not SFTP.  There are no appliance OS-level accounts created or offered to customers.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Frank_K
Occasional Visitor

Excellent. Thank you for your response, and for clarifying.