New Discussion

notification alert

SOLVED
Go to solution
bvv
Occasional Contributor

notification alert

Hi there,

i was wondering how the notification works in oneview, is there option where it send email if there are alerts?

thanks

10 REPLIES 10
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: notification alert

Hello, and thank you for your question. At this time, HP OneView does not have the ability to forward alerts via email. It does support SNMP forwarding. You could use a script (using your favorite scripting language) to listen to the SCMB (which would require a message bus library or client, as the SCMB is RabbitMQ) for activity and actionable events.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

bvv
Occasional Contributor

Thanks chris.

Can I use Oneview with insight remote support?
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Yes, as a side option. IRS would be independent from OneView.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

bvv
Occasional Contributor

Great. I was told that in order to use one view it needs to be removed from IRS before I can add server to OneView.

Is it also true that no email notification when an alert is assigned to specific personnel?

Thanks
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

That's not correct. You can have Insight Remote Support installed on the side. There is currently no integration with IRS at this time.

OneView does not have any email notification support today. Only SNMP forwarding is, which would be all SNMP events received by OneView.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

bvv
Occasional Contributor

thanks! will try adding hardware thats currently on IRS.
Jeroen_Kleen
HPE Pro

I have seen more of these discussion about integration with iRS & HP OneView. I believe that they might be coming from the fact that HP OneView generates its own unique SNMP string that might not be known to the iRS application.

That whole process is not an issue towards iRS and its functionality as we manage the servers (mostly Gen8  or higher) are all managed by iRS through RIBCL and not through SNMP. The same counts for example for SAN/LAN switches; those devices looks to be affected but again (SAN)switches have multiple SNMP fields and strings that all can be populated with different values so that they can be used with iRS and HP OneView all together in good harmony.

I hope this helps & Cheers,  Jeroen

(I am an HPE employee)
SANJAY MUNDHRA
HPE Pro

Does the latest version of OneView support SMTP notifications?

Cheers,
Sanjay Mundhra
I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

jim goodman
Trusted Contributor

See Chris Lynch's response above..... the quick answer is no, SMTP notificiations are not available in 1.10 (current version) and earlier.