HPE OneView
1748034 Members
5283 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: "HPE Oneview did not receive an expected event notification from the server..." after

vx_it
Advisor

"HPE Oneview did not receive an expected event notification from the server..." after 5.50 upgrade

This has been bugging me for a few days now. After upgrading to OneView 5.50, 16 out of 22 servers have this error in the logs, and I can't figure out if it's active or just an old, stuck error - it's locked so I can't clear it. All of the ILOs are on the same subnet. 

I tried following the steps suggested, but it still remains.

msedge_2020-11-11_14-48-20.png

2020-11-11_14-51-41.png

22 REPLIES 22
AmRa
HPE Pro

Re: "HPE Oneview did not receive an expected event notification from the server..." after

Have you checked by implementing the action plan suggested under resolution section.

Also please let us know if its HPE Synergy OneView or OneView for ProLiant?

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
MLW
Established Member

We have the same issue after update to 5.50. Refresh and iLO reset have not fixed it.

Dennis314159
Occasional Visitor

Today I have upgrade my HPE OneView appliance from 5.20 to 5.40 to 5.50. In 5.40 everything looked OK, but in 5.50 I have this same issue for all 17 servers. Servers vary from Gen9 and Gen 10. Resetting the iLO and then refreshing makes no difference.

vx_it
Advisor

I have implemented the action plan suggested, with no result. 443 is not blocked. This is regarding OneView for ProLiant.

Geoff Schunicht
HPE Pro

The issue is that the Redfish event sending service on the iLO appears to have stopped sending events, so OneView logs this message. It was found that an iLO reset will correct (does not need or imply a server OS reboot). I would suggest logging a case to make sure this unexpected issue is tracked. I see above resetting iLO does not seem to help so for sure we need support to gather more details.

OneView uses these Redfish events to help remain in-sync with changes on the server, reducing the need to poll servers.

I work for HPE.
wildpanda_nz
Visitor

Hi Geoff,

I'm also seeing this issue after upgrading to Oneview 5.5 on around 70 of the 160 servers monitored by Oneview. I've followed the recommendations for a number of servers, refreshing the server in Oneview, resetting the iLO, in one case I've even removed the server from Oneview completely and re-added it and I'm still getting this "expected event notification" error on the servers.

Geoff Schunicht
HPE Pro

Thanks for the additional information, please work with you local support to get a case open then so they can capture needed data, this is not expected behavior.

I work for HPE.
cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

Also seeing the same issue since the update didi anyone get a fix if not i will also log a call.

Thanks

DrDoc
Visitor

After checking firewall log I've seen indeed a drop from the ilo back to oneview. Added the ilo-ip to an appropriate rule for https ... and voila: after clicking refresh the problem disappeared.
hint: check if certificates are all valid and "trusted"