1753846 Members
7575 Online
108807 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: rotate view in data center view

cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

rotate view in data center view

This may soiund a stupid question, but how do i rotate the view to see racks at the back of the datacenter?

What i'm really trying to do is see a view of the temperateure of each server in a rack, but its a coupel of rows in, and the rack is facing the opposite way, so ideally i need to turn it around. I can see the options to zoom in, but nothing for spinning the view?

Unless theres a way of getting oneview to display the temp of individual servers in 1 rack? Rack view only seems to tell me the whole rack temp, and not by each server inside.

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
AmRa
HPE Pro

May I know the OneView version you are using. 

Is it standalone OneView appliance or OneView appliance for HPE Synergy.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

The data center view controls are hidden until you mouse-over the area I have highlighted in this screenshot:

Screenshot 2020-09-28 110517.png

The circle icon is where you can rotate the view of the data center view.  This is completely independent of any OneView appliance type (virtual machine or Synergy Composer).

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

Chris I couldn't see that circle, I knew it should be simple.

Another question, Do you know if there is a way of making the temp refresh quicker. As i've looked at one server in a rack and it shows it updated 5pm yesterday. Is there a way i can get it hourly updating?

Thanks

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Temp readings are collected in 5 minute intervals.  However, the data itself is collected from the iLO, OA or FLM every 20 minutes.  The rack data doesn't automatically refresh in the UI.  So you would have to refresh the browser page to see the updated value.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

Chris,

I feel like the datacenter view isn't refreshing the temps for servers at the same time. It's like it collects that info at random intervals which can be as late as yesterday, as an example i'm showing you a picture below with random times from yesterday this one is 4:15pm, but in some of other racks they very from yesterday at 9:30am to yesterday at 6pm.

This is the refresh i need to be able to update? i've tried a refresh on a server but that hasn't updated this view.temp from yesterday.JPG