5014 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: scmb and javascript

JeppeG
Frequent Visitor

scmb and javascript

Hi,

is there any exambles how to use javascript with OneView SCMB  (or powershell)? My orchestrator's amqp client ( VMware vRealize Orchestrator) support natively user based authentication and i'm lost how to set up key based authentication. Or is there ready made vRO workflow? Also is there management interface for OneView RabbitMQ?

7 REPLIES 7
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

We do have a vRO plugin available.  You can see more product information about our HPE OneView for VMware plugins here.  You can then download the plugins here.

We do not provide a RabbitMQ management dashboard.  It is for read-only access, as OneView uses it for internal purposes, but exposes it for external consumers in order to use a newer interface for events, instead of constantly polling an API.

There is a PowerShell module (PSRabbitMQ) I helped add cert authentication support to.  It has not been tested with PowerShell  Core from what I can tell.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

JeppeG
Frequent Visitor

Thank's Crish, is there detailed instruction how to get certification based authentication work with PSRabbitMQ and HPe SCMB (some ready made ps scripts)?  I have worked with RabbitMQ previously with user based authentication and fixed queue name but i don't understand how to get scmb working.

JeppeG
Frequent Visitor

saddly HPe vRO pluging seem not include any scmb related actions or workflows

Doug de Werd
HPE Pro

What exactly are you trying to do with the SCMB?

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
JeppeG
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

(and sorry for slow response) my goal is that OV notify vRO (subscriber) from alarms, hw changes etc. so i dont need to poll continously OV's rest api. vRO's amqp default configuration ask queue name and user information which scmb do not support (on my understanding scmb uses certificate base authentication and autogenerates queue name)?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

The SCMB strictly enforcing certificate-based authentication.  Not all message bus clients can utilize that security feature.  Is there any reason why you cannot use our vRO plugin?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

JeppeG
Frequent Visitor

if there exist vRO plugin for SCMB, i most definitely want to use it but never found one. This is the reason why i tried connection using vRO's default amqp plugin.