HPE OneView
1748151 Members
3906 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: unable to add server hardware and Unable to establish trusted communication with server in OneVi

Shivashankara
Occasional Contributor

unable to add server hardware and Unable to establish trusted communication with server in OneView 5

unable to add server hardware and Unable to establish trusted communication with server in OneView 5.0v

I am creating new setup to monitor Hardware device from OneView 5.0

4 REPLIES 4
BhaskarV
Trusted Contributor

Re: unable to add server hardware and Unable to establish trusted communication with server in OneVi

Hi @Shivashankara 

Can you provide some more details?
What server are you trying to add?
Does it have an SSL certificate on it?
You can navigate to Settings -> Security -> Manage Certificates -> Add Certificate -> Fetch from IP address or hostname -> Type in the FQDN or IP address of the server and see what comes back.

Regards,,
Bhaskar

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Shivashankara
Occasional Contributor

Can you provide some more details? It is a new Setup
What server are you trying to add? Trieing both DL380 G10 and Enclouser C7000 
Does it have an SSL certificate on it? how to check this?
You can navigate to Settings -> Security -> Manage Certificates -> Add Certificate -> Fetch from IP address or hostname -> Type in the FQDN or IP address of the server and see what comes back. - This option tried with DL server IP and Enclouser some time it will fetche the certificate and imported that , but having same issue.

BhaskarV
Trusted Contributor

Hi @Shivashankara 

Thank you.
The error you are seeing, can you check on the complete error including the details?
Unable to establish trusted communication can occur due to a variety of reasons.
For example, if you see

Unable to establish trusted communication with the server. The iLO certificate does not have any IP address or host name specified.

then, can you refer to this post by me?
https://community.hpe.com/t5/HPE-OneView/Unable-to-establish-trusted-communication-with-servers-after/td-p/7076433#.XlMYUErhWM8

If nothing helps, do open a support case.

Regards
Bhaskar

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

MeFromil
Frequent Advisor

hi , try this 

before  start check that you dont have any nanad problem from the Ilo health on  the main  Logon Screen .

if you have this problme add the server to ilo my not working ( i had 2 server with this problems ) 

if do - run the format Nand from Ilo and  run Hpe inteligent Pro Update 

1. go to Onview > Setting > Security

2. Certificates > Manage Certificates 

3 . Select add Certifitcates 

4. Check the  >> Add certificate from an IP address or hostname and olso >> Force trust leaf certificate 

5. input the ip address of the ILO   and the > View Certificate on the same page !

6. selcet ADD ot ADD+ if you have more than one server to add

after do so  try once again to add the server to your Oneview 

Have fun