update logical interconnect group from an SPECIFIC logical interconnect

Hi, good morning.

I'm using OneView 2

I have:
- a logical interconnect group
- an specific logical interconnect

They are diferents so they are in a inconsistent state

The right configuration is the one in the specific logical interconnect
The only option that I found is to update from group, but with this option I'll lost the right configuration of the specific logical interconnect.

How can i do an update of the Logical Interconect Group, from the Specific Logical Interconnect?

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: update logical interconnect group from an SPECIFIC logical interconnect

The Logical Interconnect Group is where policy changes should really be made.  The Logical Interconnect inherits its config from the Group.  The purpose is if you have multiple associated Logical Interconnects, you make your modifications at the Group, then push from there.

There isn't a way to sync or update the other way.  You will have to compare the two, make the changes to the Group, and should then become consistent.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

soLrac1
Occasional Visitor

Thank you so much

Gary Mueller
Occasional Advisor

Just to be positive on what I need to do and what results will happen, after creating new networks I added them into the logical interconnect group. Then went to the logical interconnect and found update from Group. It shows the warning:

Updating the logical interconnect SACBLD001-LIG_USE135EP5P_1 from its group LIG_USE135EP5P_1 will result in a reconfiguration of the entire logical interconnect. This may disrupt network connectivity for server profiles using the logical interconnect.

My question if I say yes will the cause an outage to all my blades and if so how long would it posibably last. Since the new networks are not in use yet because they are not added to any blade profile would this still be an issue.

Thanks,

Gary

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

This is a standard message to indicate that your change could cause an outage.  What can?  Removing ports, removing networks (which would include adding a new one to replace it like trying to change the VLAN ID), moving associated Uplink Sets to new ports are some common ones.  Adding a new network like you are attempting to do isn't one that would cause an outage.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo