6278 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: vSphere 6.5 Support? Where is it!

SOLVED
Go to solution
Edward L. Haletky
Valued Contributor

vSphere 6.5 Support? Appears to be missing from 8.2!

Hello,

I go to https://www.hpe.com/us/en/product-catalog/detail/pip.4152978.html and it claims vSphere 6.5 support. YET, the download is for Oneview for vCenter 8.1, which does not support vSphere 6.5!

Anyone have 8.2 or an anwer? I really need to get this working again.

Thank you,

Edward L. Haletky

7 REPLIES 7
jmsazul

We are on the same boat. New installation of vSphere v6.5 cluster and no HPE OpenView for it available. 

Edward L. Haletky
Valued Contributor

Hello,

8.2 finally came out. It claims vSphere 6.5 support. I deployed the image, reconfigured the image:

• setup networking
  • configured storage (storevirtual)
  • configure vCenter

At this point I logged back into my webclient and expected to see an icon or menu item for HPE OV4VC, yet nothing appears. Last message in the log states:

2017-03-11 23:51:05,677 140600583202560 engines.ic4vc_webserver INFO Successfully register the vCenter to CLRM 

Yet, now I see nothing. Nada. Zilch. Yes, I checked the MOB, I added then deleted, checked the MOB (nothing there after delete). Readded. Ensured I was logged out of the webclient. Even cleared the cache and cookies. Restarted Firefox and still nothing.

If I look in Solutions-> Client Plugins, I see no plugin for OV4VC. I also did 'Check for New Plugins', nada.

I also looked under vCenter Server Extensions and did not see OV4VC either.

We have been waiting for 8.2 but it appears to be broken. :(

Thoughts, any ideas?

Edward Haletky

Edward L. Haletky
Valued Contributor

Further info: It appears the following is not created on the VCSA....

/etc/vmware/serenity-client-vsphere/packages-vc/client-vsphere/com.hp.ov4vc.ngc.all.v6.0-8.2.0.816

Which implies the client bits are not properly installed.

Any ideas? I did try as the 'administrator', I also tried as the normal OV4VC user I set up. 

vSphere Client Log shows:

[ERROR] vc-extensionmanager-pool-116 70000036 100003 200002 com.vmware.vise.vim.extension.VcExtensionManager                  Package com.hp.ov4vc.ngc.all.v6.0 was not installed!

vsphere_client_virgo.log:Error downloading https://localhost.localdomain:3504/static/vsphere-web-client/com.hp.ov4vc.ngc.all.v6.0.zip. Make sure that the URL is reachable then logout/login to force another download. java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

So I assumed it was a machine name issue, it is not, HPE OV4VC has the proper hostname., I ensured the hostname was set during the next import. It was. Reconfigured everything once more and still no joy.

I verified that if the proper hostname or ip address was specified it would download.

Basically, I do not think something in 8.2 is configured properly....

Best regards,

Edward L. Haletky

Edward L. Haletky
Valued Contributor
Solution

Just installed vCenter 6.5.0b update and viola, OV4VC is now working!

- Edward Haletky

Half_Marathon
Regular Visitor

I had almost the same problem, but after the upgrade to vCenter 6.5.0b (Virtual Appliance) it's still the same, no HPE plugin in vCenter 6.5.

In the MOB, even after multiple reinstallation, the registered string is wrong:

"https://localhost.localdomain:3504/static/vsphere-web-client/com.hp.ov4vc.ngc.all.v6.0.zip"

because obviously the address "localhost.localdomain" is not correct in my environment.

I'd like to change the string in the MOB, but by now I can't find the exact syntax of the xml to insert in the method UpdateExtension. Is there someone who can help me?

Thanks In Advance

Alex

Edward L. Haletky
Valued Contributor

Hello,

You may want to rename your OV4VC host. I did that as well. It is an OV4VC custom property named 'custom.hostname'. Perhaps that will help. I used the FQDN.

Best regards,

Edward L. Haletky

Convergo
Frequent Advisor

best thing to do during deployment of the OVF to expand all network properties. Default the FQDN is hidden during the entry of your IP information. When ignoring this the default name is being uesd resulting in localhost. When changing the name afterwards, I guess the certificate is messed up.