HPE OneView
1752292 Members
4912 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: vSphere 7, ILO Amplifier and Lifecycle Manager...

T_1_6
Regular Advisor

vSphere 7, ILO Amplifier and Lifecycle Manager...

So, after doing some reading, I see that the new vSphere LifeCycle manager is only supported by HPE Ilo Amplifier. Seeing as we run Oneview for all our remote support, and general firmware patching for our servers, will there be a newer Oneview which will support lifecycle manager, or will we have to deploy out yet another appliance and run Ilo Amplifier AND Oneview together to use the full lifecycle manager funtionality?

I dont mind waiting and hanging on with Oneview and no lifecyle manager support, as long as I know its coming down the line!

17 REPLIES 17
StorageMike
HPE Pro

Hi

I can't comment on OneView intergration but what I do know is that iLO Amplifier can not update machines that are managed by OneView.  I assume by your question you would fall in to this catagory...

For now unfortunatly you'll probably have to wait...

If you've not seen it the following might provide further info - https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00097866en_us

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

AmRa
HPE Pro

The HPE HSM plug-in for vLCM is included in iLO Amplifier Pack v1.60, however there is no update on Oneview which will support lifecycle manager. 

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
DanRobinson
HPE Pro

I haven't tested it myself, but my understanding is there was some loosening of the rules others mentioned above for this.

If you set the OneView Server Profile \ Firmware Baseline to Managed Manually, supposedly you can then use iLO Amplifier via vLCM to push out updates.

My assumption is this is effectively a work-around until the OneView team adds direct vLCM capability or some kind of Intermediary VM.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Doug de Werd
HPE Pro

Hi T_1_6

Please send me a private message and we can discuss further.

Thanks,
Doug

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
Korbinian
Advisor

Hi,

is their any support for Lifecycle Manager and OneView planned?

Thanks

Doug de Werd
HPE Pro

Although we can't comment on a public forum about potential new features or products, it is always helpful to understand what requirements you would be looking for.

Is there anything specific that you would want in a OneView-vLCM integration?

Thanks,

Doug

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
Korbinian
Advisor

vLCM should be able to use OneView for Firmware and Drivers. Also we use OV for provisioning for settings in BIOS, iLO, etc.

Doug de Werd
HPE Pro

Please check out this blog post for an update on this

https://community.hpe.com/t5/servers-systems-the-right/new-tool-in-vcenter-7-0-keeps-you-happy-and-your-hpe/ba-p/7102675 

Thanks,
Doug

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
baber1
Regular Advisor

I am confuded , Would you please say finally for use life cycle manager and integrate it with vsphere7 now had to deploy ILO Amplifier or can use oneview ?

I am using oneview for ProactiveHA (Monitor Type not Manage) now is that possible also install Amplifier or just can use one of them ?

What does this means ? " iLO Amplifier Pack does not support firmware or driver updates on HPE ProLiant Blade/Synergy servers if they are
managed by HPE OneView or VMware vCenter."

BR