HPE Primera Storage
1748254 Members
4138 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Disable "I have read and understood all the implications" message?

AlexanderBerger
Occasional Advisor

Disable "I have read and understood all the implications" message?

Hello,

is there any possibility to disable the "I have read and understoof all the implications" message in SSMC?
confirmation is annoying when you have to delete lots of volumes/hosts etc. on 2 arrays...

PS.: yes i know, CLI would be an option but i want to get used to working with SSMC...

thx!

Bild 2.jpg

Primera A670 | Nimble HF60 | Synergy | SAP HANA on VMware vSphere
4 REPLIES 4
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

I've never come across a "disable safety" option. Have you tried selecting several items using standard Windows Shift-select and Ctrl-select to delete?

I'm from the punched cards era. An interactive command line was a big step up. <grin> A GUI wasn't even a possibility. So yeah, I understand using the GUI to make things easier. It's handy and fast when doing a one-off (or even three- or four-off) activity. But there comes a time when using the command line and your favorite text editor (Notepad++ for me) makes sense. And you don't want GUI actions so easy you make a career-changing mistake....

SSMC is Very Good for some things. Performance graphs immediately come to mind. Not being ether Neo or 'the operator', I'm not good at looking at a screen of numbers (or green Matrix code) flowing past and getting a fast grasp of what's going on. So the GUI.
But for repetition? It's a lot easier to show a patterned subset of things, then make those a block of "remove{whatever}" commands. And copy-and-paste to the command line.

Regards..

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

AlexanderBerger
Occasional Advisor

Hello Sheldon,

i know exaclty what you want so say, and i often use commands like createhost, statvlun etc.
But sometimes i do some work using SSMC

So i will try to get the best out of both worlds in future, thx for your considerations, i appreciate!

Primera A670 | Nimble HF60 | Synergy | SAP HANA on VMware vSphere
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Hi AlexanderBerger,

Cool. I'm sure I do 99% of what I need using SSMC. It's that 1%(?) of the time I need to do the same thing X or more times that I switch to the command line. And if I'm in doubt, I do it once with SSMC then look at the command(s) written to the eventlog.
(My personal "X" point is five or six. At that point or more, command line.)

If you haven't looked in quite a while, over on the right in the Help flyout window, are a couple turorials about navigating and provisioning with SSMC. You might take a look at those again.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

apol
Frequent Advisor

@Sheldon Smith wrote:

I've never come across a "disable safety" option. Have you tried selecting several items using standard Windows Shift-select and Ctrl-select to delete?

Hi,

SSMC is somewhat inconsistent with that: you can shift-click to select dozens of vv, terabytes of data, located on a several different arrays, and delete them with one action, one safety question. Works for remoteCopy Groups as well. These are the two parts in SSMC where an error can be dangerous and make you loose data, and multi-select works. But if you want to delete a bunch of empty host sets, you have to delete each of them separately.

Disabling safety measures is IMHO not a good idea, but it would help if the multi select thing would work in more panels in SSMC. Or just in other ones...