New Discussion юеВ

HPE 3PAR 7000 replacements

bakazings
Occasional Visitor

HPE 3PAR 7000 replacements

I'm looking to replace 2 x 3PAR 7400 series (SAN only) with:

1. 3PAR's replacement e.g. Primera or Nimble or

2. Move it to existing nodes on a Netapp AFF after adding shelves or

3. Move it to new nodes on a Netapp AFF cluster after adding nodes and shelves

What are some high-level ways to analyze the existing workload and whether my Netapp can handle it (with or without adding nodes) as well as measure that vs new HPE offerings eg Primera?

I appreciate that there are probably some excellent sales folks in the sub, but would prefer to discuss this primarily with SAN engineers/admins.

4 REPLIES 4
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Re: HPE 3PAR 7000 replacements

Hello @bakazings

Primera will be the best replacement and upgrade to your 3PAR 7400 for the below reasons:

1. Primera inherits all the compatibilities of your existing 3PAR 7400.
2. You can easily and flawlessly migrate your volumes from 3PAR to Primera without any downtime.
3. You can continue to manage Primera systems from the same SSMC.
4. Primera ensures a breakthrough performance, lot of advanced features, simplified administration, enhanced compatibility, and infosight intelligence.

Please let me know if you need any documents on Primera or want to connect with the HPE sales team.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of the company.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

support_s
System Recommended

Query: HPE 3PAR 7000 replacements

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @bakazings,

Did you find it helpful? Do you need any more details, documents, or assistance?

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of the company.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Richard75
Frequent Advisor

What are some high-level ways to analyze the existing workload and whether my Netapp can handle it (with or without adding nodes) as well as measure that vs new HPE offerings eg Primera?

You should check the IOPs and the latency on the 3par, not only to see if you can place the load anywhere else. but be aware what are your expectations abouth the data, what will the grow be ?

i would prefer a Primera or Nimble , together with infosight it is powerfull and give you a good view of what is going on in the IT backend

I work for many years with HPE products, but i don't work for HPE so this is not official support