New Discussion юеВ

HPE Primera - setting HA-Magazine

SOLVED
Go to solution
AWR
Advisor

HPE Primera - setting HA-Magazine

Hi,

We have just implemented HPE Primera storage. By default it has configured itself as HA-Cage. Is itpossible to change it to HA-Magazine?

Kind regards

Andrew Rycroft

7 REPLIES 7
sbhat09
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: HPE Primera - setting HA-Magazine

Hello @AWR,

In Primera, the default HA level is 'Cage'. You can change it to 'Magazine' from SSMC. (If your Primera is not added to SSMC yet, please add it)

In SSMC go to main menu -> show all -> select Common Provisioning Groups -> select the CPG -> Actions -> Edit -> Availability. Change the Availability level and save it.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of HPE.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @AWR,

Was that helpful? Were you able to change HA type?

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of HPE.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

MMKHAN

Hello Srinivas,

Can these changes be done on a live system, will it result in any unbalanced config?

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @MMKHAN,

Yes. You can do it on a live system. When you make these changes, a lot of data will start moving from one drive to another. That will take some time. I advise you to do this task when host IOps are low.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

MMKHAN

Hi Srinivas,

Further to this topic, my customer is asking whether this will affect overall fault torelance of the Array? What will be the drive failure tolerance in case of HA=Cage and HA=Mag. could you pelase elaborate on this?

Thanks in Advance!

Regards,

Munawar Khan

MAdil
Occasional Visitor

Will their any data loss if we switch HA to HA-Magazine. in Production environment.

AnilKT
HPE Pro

Hi MAdil,

There will not be any data loss if you switch HA to HA-Magazine in the Production environment.
But, I recommend you perform this activity during scheduled downtime.

The default HA level is 'Cage' in HPE Primera Storage. You can change it to 'Magazine' using HPE SSMC.
To change the HA-Cage to HA-Magazine in HPE SSMC, please follow the below steps.

1. Login to the HPE SSMC.
2. Go to the main menu.
3. Click тАЬSelect allтАЭ.
4. Select тАЬCommon Provisioning GroupтАЭ (CGP) under Block Persona.
5. You will see all the Common Provisioning Groups (CPG) listed, select the CPG to change the availability level.
6. Go to the тАЬActionsтАЭ menu at the top right corner.
7. Click тАЬEditтАЭ from the drop-down.
8. Under the Allocation settings, you see тАЬcageтАЭ is selected by default as the availability level. Click on the drop-down to change the availability.
9. Select тАЬMagazineтАЭ from the drop-down.
10. Click тАЬOkтАЭ to update the changes.

Please revert if you have any further queries.

Hope this helps!

Regards
Anil.

I work for HPE.
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Accept or Kudo