6118 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Migration of EMC VNX storage to HPE Primera

Biveka1
Occasional Contributor

Migration of EMC VNX storage to HPE Primera

Dear All

I want to migrate our EMC VNX storae to HPE Primera. I have not found any documentation online. Request you to share steps by steps document if available.

3 REPLIES 3
veeyarvi
HPE Pro

Hello @Biveka1 

Online Import for EMC boxes are not yet released for Primera.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
CalvinZito
HPE Blogger

Several questions:

1. Have you already bought HPE Primera? There are HPE services for data migration. I'd suggest talking to your HPE rep. Pointnext has tools that they can bring into your environment to do the migration. 
  2. What are the host OSes for the volumes? If you're using VMware, how about vMotion.

I've asked my technical experts for their guidance - if I hear more, I'll let you know (or they may directly reply). 

Trickster
HPE Pro

Hi @Biveka1.

Whilst today we don't have the option of using Online Import to migrate directly from EMC VNX to HPE Primera, there are many other way to migrate data to Primera, and the choice of those will depend on the customer's requirements, capabilities and budgets. Please reach out to your local HPE Pointnext Services representatives (or your HPE Partner) to discuss this with them so that they can assist you.

You can get in touch directly with someone in your locatity via this link: https://www.hpe.com/in/en/country-selector.html?navigateFrom=/in/en/services.html

I am an HPE employee. #IWork4HPE. The opinions expressed above are my personal opinions and not those of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Accept or Kudo