3933 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Primera Storage Active Active Data center

Praveen_D
Advisor

Primera Storage Active Active Data center

Dear Friends ,

i have query regarding DC designing in active - active using Primera Storage .

how i can use Primera Storage  for Active Active datacenter . Both Datacenter having Network L2 reachability using VXLAN .

Customer having baremetal server , VMware and HyperV

please suggest  how i can achieve

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Re: Primera Storage Active Active Data center

Hi Praveen,

HPE Primera is basically Active-Active (all nodes are active) storage system. Can you please elaborate your requirement as 'Active-Active DC' or provide a schematic diagram?

Regards,

Srinivas Bhat

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Praveen_D
Advisor

Hi ,

Thank you please find below my requirement , both DC is connected on layer2 using VXLAN , if i want to do VMOTION or Live migration without any service interruption . i can move the VM from one DC to another DC but the storage wise how i can do . becuase when server is moved Drives  is attached from the Primera storgae .primera -active active1.PNG

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

You show a Primera storage array at each data center.
Q: What are the bandwidth and round-trip-time between DC1 and DC2?

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Praveen_D
Advisor

Hi ,

Bandwidth Between two site is 20 GIG ( 10 gig*2 ) links , am designing infra so exact round trip time i dont know , i think its less than 3 ms ,

R/

Praveen Dharmaraj

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Look into synchronous Remote Copy and Peer Persistence. Note that synchronous Remote Copy has to send each write to the remote site for the write to complete, so while reads run at local speed, all writes have to add the round trip time (RTT).
Anything you can do to reduce the RTT while designing the infra would be Good.

I recommend reaching out to Sales and a Pointnext Technology Services contact to help in the design.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo