HPE Primera Storage
1752571 Members
5239 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

PureStorage vs HPe Primera

seichi

PureStorage vs HPe Primera

Ok, so I've been primarily a HPe shop, I've currently got two - 3par arrays - 120 TB each mirroring each other. Run active stuff on both sides, metro storage cluster. In any case Looking into replacing the two arrays, they've performed well, only complaint is running out of space..LOL

So basically a large chunk of stuff are images, pdf's. A lot of things that don't dedup/compress great.

I've got development running against the arrays as well.

I will say that we are budget conscious, so I'm looking for a compelling reason to get purestorage over a HPe Primera.. I'm assuming Primera will come back at either a close or cheaper then Purestorage. As Primera will be proposing a hybrid box, 60% ssd but I've probably got about 30TB of actual image/uncompressible slower/barely used data. So I can easily see it performing much better then our current system (which barely has any ssd)

So why should I get purestorage over it? I do like the Active/Active array setup.

3 REPLIES 3
support_s
System Recommended

Query: PureStorage vs HPe Primera

System recommended content:

1. HPE Primera UI 1.2 User Guide | HPE Primera UI overview

2. Maintaining and upgrading HPE Primera 600 | Logging in to the HPE Primera UI

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

Richard75
Frequent Advisor

Re: PureStorage vs HPe Primera

The peer persistence feature is great, i complete understand you want to keep it. if costs is a thing, you can look for the HPE Alletra 6000 (Nimble). it is also a very good Peer persistence configuration

I work for many years with HPE products, but i don't work for HPE so this is not official support
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Re: PureStorage vs HPe Primera

Hello @seichi,

I recommend Primera due to below reasons:

1. You can manage the HPE Primera from the same SSMC (If it is on very old version, please upgrade). Simple to manage.
2. Data migration will be the easiest of all through peer motion from the same SSMC.
3. Fits very well in your environment. 100% compatibility with all connected devices.
4. Great interoperability with Vmware, windows and all major applications.
5. AI-based outage predition and Several other intelligent features powered by Infosight.
6. Much simpler and more features than 3PAR. It will be certainly the best upgrade from 3PAR.
7. Remote copy and peer persistence are the highlights of the system. Probably the best in the industry.
8. Most efficient storage in terms of performance (due to active mesh architecture) and space utilization.
9. Many space-saving features. And also you can use SSD and HDDs as per your requirement.
10. Highest guaranteed availability in the industry.

Please refer the links for more details:

https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/a00067738enw.html?jumpid=in_lit-psnow-red

https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/a00074521enw?jumpid=in_lit-psnow-red

Primera.PNG

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of the company.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo