1753936 Members
9777 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Smart Array P410/512MB with BBWC and 6GB/S SATA disks

Mark Meelhuysen2
Occasional Advisor

HP Smart Array P410/512MB with BBWC and 6GB/S SATA disks

The QuickSpecs show that 6GB/s SAS disks and 3GB/s SATA disks are supported. I wonder if anyone has expierence with 6GB/S SATA disks on a P410. Does the controller recognize the disks? Does it downshift the speed to 3GB/s? Or does it work at 6GB/s?

Hope someone can tell me.
4 REPLIES 4
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Smart Array P410/512MB with BBWC and 6GB/S SATA disks

Hello,

you can use the disks without issues. The disks will downshift, if the controller can't handle 6G SAS.

Regards.
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick

Mark,

The P410 with the 1TB 6Gb/s disks work. I have however used the same disks on a E200 controller. That did not work. Installing under the OS the disks were configured with the ACU and could be used without any problem. But then I rebooted the system. The firmware of the E200 controller "hanged" and did not recognise the disks. You have to remove or disable them. Once the OS is running you can initalise the disks again with ACU. I am using firmware 1.86(B) which is the latest version. I have not been able to bypass that firmware initialisation check.  

Zpunky
Regular Visitor

Hey,

Did you ever try hooking up a 6GB/sec SATA drive to your P410i? If so, what did you find out?

Thx

Gary2244

Hi, I hooked up a Crucial m4 128GB SSD with Sata 6Gb/s Interface, and well, the Smart Array P410 showed it as a 3Gb/s only. No nice surprise of 6GB/s interface for Sata.