5224 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: P410 Boot Loop

rmg_lazy_bone
Occasional Visitor

P410 Boot Loop

Hello everybody,

i am building a NAS and wanted to implement a 3x3TB RAID 5.

After i learned that P400 Controller cannot manage >2TB (only showed 2TB / drive), i have ordered a P410/256 Controller.

The system did boot, but the controller showed there were no manageable hard drives.

So i did an online firmware upgrade (v 6.64), since the capability of managing more than 2 TB per drive were later implemented.

After the update, the display showed his good old "initalizing ... ***" but then rebooted and kept rebooting.

Whithout the controller, the system boots just fine. I have tried a lot of bios-changes, but nothing worked.

I am using a Windows Server 2012 R2 with this Hardware:

Asus P8P67 Rev 3 Mainboard

Intel Celeron G1620 Dualcore 2,7GHz Ivy Bridge CPU

1x 4GB Crucial DDR3-1600 RAM

1x 60GB Intel SSD330 Series OS-SSD

3x 3TB Intenso HDD

350 Watt Corsair VS PSU

Radeon Hd5000 Series PCIe GPU for low level configuration (rdp needs a booted OS and the board does not support intel iGPU)

Every component of the system uses most recent bios/firmware version.

There are many similar problem posts in different forums over the internet, but i only found 1 solution which was specific for a supermicro board/bios.

I found no way to downgrade the firmware since the reboot-loop is the first thing to appear after switching the system on. I cant even access EFI when the controller is inserted.

I tried to put it in another slot. Did not change the behavior.

Does anybody knows a way to change the firmware-version or even solve the boot loop with the most recent firmware-version?

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Tim

P.S: Sorry for any mistakes, i am no native english speaker. I have posted  this over at the consumer/other products forum, but were told to better try it here. If this should not be the right place, could a mod please move it? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
rmg_lazy_bone
Occasional Visitor

Hello everybody,

since there seems no solution to exist, i wanted to send the controller back.

However, my reseller want a prove, that the controller itself still function and it is only an incompatibility caused by the firmware-update.

As far as i understand it, the firmware recovery function would load an older version of the firmware if it hat detected a malfunction in the newer version caused by a bad update. Is this correct?

In addition, is there a way to "bypass" the initializing of the controller or do a pre-boot self-test? Even a hard reset like those little jumpers on motherboards would help me. Does a kind of boot-log on the motherboard-side exist, in which i could find the reason for the reset when i have removed the controller to enter bios/uefi/os?

I want to repeat, there is no time for me to press any key after the initializing to enter ORCA or anything and there is no on-screen message except "Port XX Smart Array P410 Initalizing... ***".

I am thankful for any help.

Best regards

Tim

noise511

same problem here, how i can downgrade to version 3.30 or 3.36 ?

Alex_ZZ
Occasional Visitor

I have the same (reset loop). It was ok on 3.52 FW, ufter update to 6.64 - fail.

I would find HP server to downgrade it..