108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

After adding nodes to a federation, datastore simplivity does not appear

SOLVED
Go to solution
jneau
Advisor

After adding nodes to a federation, datastore simplivity does not appear

After adding nodes to a federation, datastore simplivity does not appear. No error during deployment, RAS in federation, zones have been assigned and apply. The oVCs have been rebooted and we have to issue the dsv-update-vcenter --server command. Of the six nodes deployed, 2 have the problem.

An idea?
thank you,
4 REPLIES 4
gustenar
HPE Pro

Re: After adding nodes to a federation, datastore simplivity does not appear

Hello @jnea, 

To understand why they weren't added during deployment it would take open a case with support and provide logs for that. As workaround, have you tried mounting the datastores manually to the hosts from vCenter?

> Right click on the datastore > Mount/Unmount Datastores and select the nodes you need to mount it on. 

If succesful, open the CLI of the OVCs and run the command 'svt-datastore-show' to make sure they are available. 

Thanks. 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
jneau
Advisor

Hello,

thank you for your reply. I can't ride them because my hosts don't appear. On the other hand, on an OVC, with the df -h command, the datastores appear well. On the vmware side, NFS client is true, with the IP of the OVC store_PG. I don't know how to reset the connection between vmware and Esx ... on the impacted OVCs svt-datastore-show displays all the datastores. No network and communication pb between each vmware node and OVC. A box is open.
gustenar
HPE Pro

Can you provide more details about "I can't ride them because my hosts don't appear"

Does this mean you are not seeing your hosts in vCenter? 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
jneau
Advisor
Solution

Hello,
Incident resolved before call for support. After deploying 6 new nodes in a cluster that contains 10, 2/6 did not have the NFSClient protocol active on the VMware side. So I activate and enter the IP corresponding to the OVC (STorePG) and I was able to my datastores.
I still do not explain why the deployment was not configured NFS on 2 out of 6 nodes. No errors in the log orchestrator file of the deploy.

Julian,